Thread: WY deer 119-2

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 59 Times in 6 Posts

WY deer 119-2

I have 6 deer points and was thinking of putting in for this area. I know its not the easiest area to hunt and the time is not the best for deer. I'm 67 but still in good shape and don't mind a backpack hunt.
    Looking to get some info on this unit as to deer quality, terrain, and the amount of land I can hunt as a non res hunter. I really don't want to burn my points on an area that takes only 3 or so.
    I put in for area 34 last year but the point creep killed me even in the special draw.

Thank you

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 4 Posts
    It is definitely not an area to do a backpack hunt, it is actually hard to get away from roads. I hunted the unit three years ago during the late season and saw a lot of 150-160 type bucks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 65 Times in 14 Posts
    I think 34 point draw might go down this year, it was the largest jump I have seen in a while. I think it was due to tag increase and that the west Reg G got hammered with winter kill.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lostriverproductions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I looked at the WY deer MRS for area 119-2 and it must be wrong. It said it took 7 points in the special drew and only 2 in the reg draw. Whats up with that? I may give 34 one more try before a hard winter hits that area. I'll be happy with a 160 inch buck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky2 View Post
    It is definitely not an area to do a backpack hunt, it is actually hard to get away from roads. I hunted the unit three years ago during the late season and saw a lot of 150-160 type bucks.
    Im trying to figure out where to put my 13 year old daughter, would this area be good for a young girl to get a decent buck?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I looked at the WY deer MRS for area 119-2 and it must be wrong. It said it took 7 points in the special drew and only 2 in the reg draw. Whats up with that? I may give 34 one more try before a hard winter hits that area. I'll be happy with a 160 inch buck.
    That was the first year it was offered, it corrected itself in the 2017 draw.

Rich

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lostriverproductions View Post
    I think 34 point draw might go down this year, it was the largest jump I have seen in a while. I think it was due to tag increase and that the west Reg G got hammered with winter kill.
    The way the mags and forums pimp that unit it is headed for max points. Every forum has chatter about that unit, by unit number, some with pages of pics. I would bet it continues to go up before coming down at all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Say it isn't so. It looks like I'll be too old or dead before I draw it. It looks like my 6 points anit worth much.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts

Thats the trend with almost all of the decent LQ areas.