Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

wy moose unit 25 help

hey just wondering if anyone has hunted unit 25 wy moose and has any info as far as public land access and amount of moose on public land and what the quality of bulls were seen, i have points and should draw but seen the high amount of tags and really good success rate and wondering if it was a shoot first bull seen or could look at alot of moose. also plan on archery hunting and was wondering when everyone has seen the best rut activity? thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 27 Posts
    Have hunted 26 in 2014, season opened 10/1, and they were rutting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 11 Posts
    My buddy had the tag in 2015. As soon as you draw get the list of landowners who allow access. This can be obtain by the Pinedale G&F office. I highly suggest you go over as soon as you draw and start asking permission. Some landowners only allow one person on there land at a time. Once you fill your tag the next person gets to hunt.

The quality it pretty good. Another buddy of mine killed a B&C in 2013 right near the town of Daniel. I would hunt the last week of September or first part of October. A lot of the bulls from the National Forest will come down to the creek drainages looking for cows.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the info guys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 71 Times in 16 Posts

If I were you and knew I had a pretty solid chance to draw that tag, I would call landowners now, before the draw.
    That is how I got my access for a mostly private area, the landowners there also only allowed 1 hunter at a time and I was the first to call. I checked back in as soon as I knew I drew and they were thankful I did as they knew who would be hunting well before the season.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wy-tex For This Useful Post: