Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Hopping

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 170 Times in 7 Posts

Corner Hopping

Here?s one to stir up the pot... this was brought up in a recent conversation and wanted everyone?s opinion. Trespassing or no?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 147 Times in 34 Posts
    Trespassing is trespassing even if it is just a corner.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 18 Posts
    Not trespassing
    Your stepping from one piece to another with touching the adjoining 2. Hurts no one except those trying to controll access to public property. Also should be owners responsibility to post land as much as its someones to know where they are. Not posted not closed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nv-hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 147 Times in 34 Posts
    If you are talking about something that you can just step over then go for it. But if you walk onto the property then it is trespassing.

As for posting, here in Colorado the landowner does not need to post their property. It is up to you to know where you are at all times and if it is legal to walk onto the property.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 10 Posts
    It shouldn't be, but sadly it is in some states. Like nvhunter said, its just a way for the state to sanction private land owners in closing off public land access
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonArrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 25 Posts
    I know it is illegal most places but don't feel it should be. I do think that it's the hunters responsibility to know the boundaries and not just the land owners responsibility to post everything. Some of the real checker boarded units it would kinda ruin the scenery if there were no trespassing signs around every other section. Fences around the private would be worse for game, stock, and people. With the technology available today hunters can stay on public without all that. It would take some doing to stay on the public but I'd rather deal with the hassle of doing that than have the public unavailable because corner crossing is illegal.

I'm sure it's way less headache for the states to just say it's illegal and not deal with the problems it would create. I don't think they will change the laws.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
    I know it is illegal most places but don't feel it should be. I do think that it's the hunters responsibility to know the boundaries and not just the land owners responsibility to post everything. Some of the real checker boarded units it would kinda ruin the scenery if there were no trespassing signs around every other section. Fences around the private would be worse for game, stock, and people. With the technology available today hunters can stay on public without all that. It would take some doing to stay on the public but I'd rather deal with the hassle of doing that than have the public unavailable because corner crossing is illegal.

I'm sure it's way less headache for the states to just say it's illegal and not deal with the problems it would create. I don't think they will change the laws.

In Nevada it has to be posted , which can be just painted fence post tops. My point was make both parties responsible. Nevada is also a fence out state so that is probably where our laws started at for tresspass.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nv-hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 162 Times in 54 Posts
    Some state won't even pursue the act due to difficulties in execution of the law. For me personally it would depend. I'm not out to break laws but this one is a mixed bag in some states but cut n dry in others.
    This falls closely in line in my opinion of national forest vs wilderness. Once I'm off the grid away from roads and trails and the lazy hunter crowd I could be anywhere. Just say'n

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 96 Times in 25 Posts
    I think, given the accuracy of GPS units, one can easily step right across the exact corner of a piece of property, and never set foot on the private.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts

I really wish u hadn't brought this one up. Makes my blood boil that it can be considered trespassing. I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast