Thread: Wyoming Unit 40

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming Unit 40

Based off of Wyoming's draw odds it looks like I have enough points to draw a Type 9 unit 40 tag. As far as I can tell from my research it holds a decent amount of elk but everything I read is rugged, rugged, rugged. I don't mind putting some miles on the boots but it is a different story trying to pack a bull out alone in some of those hell hole canyons I'm seeing on GoogleEarth. Anybody been there or had this tag before? Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 25 Posts

I'd say that about sums it up. I've been there and the last bull I took was 7.5 miles from the trailhead by the GPS. I hired a guy with horses to go back in with me to get him. My buddy's bull was shot across a box canyon horses couldn't reach. It was only 2 miles from the horse trail by GPS but we ended up going far further up the canyon crossing side canyons to get to a crossing point where we could start taking him back toward the trail. Its not easy country especially to pack out of solo. The guy I hired with the horses switched jobs and isn't packing for people last I knew.