Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 4 Posts

WYO deer unit advice needed

Hey there guys! I?ve accumulated 5 PP for deer, and I really want to go hunt this year. I?ve hunted antelope the last 3 years (and had a blast), but I can?t shake the mule deer itch any longer. My original plan was to wait for unit 34. However, with point creep and the amount of PP currently needed, I?m not willing to wait another 4-6 years.
    I?m trying to choose between units 37, 119 (type 2) and Region G. I have ZERO mule deer hunting experience, so I?m leery of applying for G. I?m not searching for a trophy, Just a fun hunt. I would be absolutely thrilled to kill a 140? buck. Please let me know what you think, or any other suggestions you may have. Thanks so much for your help fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't think you have enough points to draw region G, but take a good look at it's neighbor region H.
    There are a few limited quota units in Wyoming that you may draw with 5 points , I believe.
    But a regional tag will give you more options for terrain and allow you to learn more about an area.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Millsworks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 65 Times in 14 Posts
    I would ask a couple questions, have you ever hunted big mountains? G & H can and will kick you butt physically. I wouldn't waste the points on 37. I would see what unit or region you can draw on second choice, and do that for a year or two.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lostriverproductions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As a non-guided mule deer hunter without experience, I wouldn't recommend Region G. There will be a lot of hunting pressure and you will most likely end up eating tag soup. You should get a few mule deer hunts under your belt first before going after Region G.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gfontela For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

you wanting to go bow or rifle? seeing you have 5 points already id hang out try to draw g but if youre lookig for just an ok 4 or 5 point maybe look into region c. i live close to there and its an over the counter for resident and those are the areas i bow hunt for mule deer. there is so many ppl that show up during rifle season its a joke but theres some really good mule deer there if you were able to spent 6-10 days. bow hunt the last couple days of archery season to get a good idea then fall into rifle season to finish it off. but you can draw it with one or two points i think so id hate to have you have 5 points to burn on that area.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wycathunter For This Useful Post: