Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts

As mentioned, they do it because the processing fee is now based on the app fee, plus, there is no more processing fee on refunds. Wyoming looked at it and is now looking at adding that processing fee to the end user at application time. It's a $900,000 swing for Wyoming.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 90 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CODAK View Post
    Still have to pay the 40$ per application unless you buy a nonresident/resident fishing/combo license....
    This is true.. But, it's currently cheaper to buy the fishing license every year, than it is buy the points for just deer and elk... adding in MSG gives even more value to the fishing license I'll never use. (Of course, I'll never draw the MSG tags either, lol)
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 89 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    (Of course, I'll never draw the MSG tags either, lol)
    Since it's a weighted pref. point structure instead of straight pref. point, you never know? At least you have a chance! After your three years of NO chance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Won't non residents also get charged the habitat stamp fee also?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 147 Times in 34 Posts
    You will get charged the habitat stamp fee along with the application fee in the draw at the time of the application.

I am not sure how they are going to handle or when they are going to charge the PP fee, perhaps after you don't draw or as soon as you apply just for a PP if you don't have the required license.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Since it's a weighted pref. point structure instead of straight pref. point, you never know? At least you have a chance! After your three years of NO chance.
    Very true, there is always hope with a weighted point system. But, the more people in the pool of weighted points, the more people that have a chance to draw which in turn, lowers your chance. I'm guessing that this change will certainly increase the number of people applying for SMG. 4 years from now, there is likely to be a ton of people in the draw that "have a chance" and the sheer numbers will/may skew the draw to that large pool. Guess we will find out. But yes, you at least have a chance...you just may not have the lifespan.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 89 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centennial View Post
    Very true, there is always hope with a weighted point system. But, the more people in the pool of weighted points, the more people that have a chance to draw which in turn, lowers your chance. I'm guessing that this change will certainly increase the number of people applying for SMG. 4 years from now, there is likely to be a ton of people in the draw that "have a chance" and the sheer numbers will/may skew the draw to that large pool. Guess we will find out. But yes, you at least have a chance...you just may not have the lifespan.
    Wouldn't disagree with anything you said. Any time you make it easier to apply, the more that will apply, and the less everyone's chances of drawing are. I bet the effect isn't gonna be nearly as bad as when they decided to accept credit cards though. I'm glad I drew both sheep and moose already. Still waiting for mountain goat. Draw odds just get worse and worse all the time...

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,052 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 162 Times in 75 Posts
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Thanks dave! Really summarizes the changes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 11 Posts

The big 3 odds just went down the toilet ( in 3 or 4 years). Really hoping I can hit the lottery on one of those tags before then but I doubt it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12