Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 312 Times in 46 Posts

Mine ruined my 16th birthday. All I wanted was some dress clothes or something cool, and ended up just getting the old Win. Model 70 that I started using at the age of twelve instead (How sucky can you get). It has also made a lot of critters have a sucky day, over the last 40 years.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonhunting247 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    I hear the next generation of this next generation will be able to see Russia and targets there...
    Yes it's the 30.06 Palin

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 480/277 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 83 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conibear View Post
    Attachment 20789

This guy's .30-06 did not suck.
    bet the guy on the other end would disagree.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 83 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonhunting247 View Post
    Mine ruined my 16th birthday. All I wanted was some dress clothes or something cool, and ended up just getting the old Win. Model 70 that I started using at the age of twelve instead (How sucky can you get). It has also made a lot of critters have a sucky day, over the last 40 years.
    pre 64? I hear those are terrible. I would still take it of your hands if you desire though. you know ,out of the kindness of my heart......
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 11 Posts
    Yep, here's the really story! Maybe I can go the Vegas and pawn mine?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...h-about-30-06/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 15 Posts
    1. If you own a 30-06, and we all should have at least one, you really don't need another rifle for probably 95% of the worlds game animals that you might be lucky enough to hunt some day.

2. It is a classic caliber that is chambered in hundreds of different makes and models of rifles to include the classy Winchester Model 70 with controlled round feed and the Ruger 1B single-shot.

3. Ammo is available everywhere but if you are a reloader you have hit the motherlode. There are so many fantastic bullets out there for this cartridge. Some of my favorites are Nosler Accubonds, Partitions, and E-tips.

4. It's a simple cartridge to load for and many different powder and bullet combinations work, and work very well. IMR4350 and H4350 with 150-200 gr. bullets seems to be a constant in any loading site a person might look at.

5. The 30-06 is a hard hitting accurate cartridge that has a recoil level that most everyone can handle very easily. It has won it's fair share of shooting competitions. My own personal 30-06 will put three 165 gr. Accubonds or Partitions touching at 100 yards as long as I do my part, and I have not shot a lot with it at 500 yards for groups, but again if I do good it will shoot a 3 1/2" 3-shot group at 500 yards. That is with a fixed 4x Leupold scope no less!

6. During World War I up and into the Vietnam war the 30-06 was a great contributor to saving our soldiers and is honored in the hearts of many of these folks who served our country.

7. Jack O'Connor really liked the .270 Winchester and it was one of his favorites, but even he pointed out and felt that the 30-06 was the better all-around cartridge.

8. Every one of us knows one or more people who shoot this wonderful cartridge.

9. It's a classic that will never die.

David
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 6mm Remington For This Useful Post:

12. The Following User Says Congratulations to 6mm Remington For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 5 Posts
    1. Mine sucks 'un poquito' for long range work.

2. Idk?

Its the 's meow for deep woods/brush jobs; was, and still is, very popular in the deep woods of New England and PA (where I cut my teeth as a deer hunter).

I still love my Rem 7600 carbine-even if it sucks for shooting antelope at 1km.

Regards,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CODAK View Post
    I think O'Connor chose the .270 over the -06 for a reason
    Yeah he did, but it wasn't good reasoning.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mm Remington View Post
    1. If you own a 30-06, and we all should have at least one, you really don't need another rifle for probably 95% of the worlds game animals that you might be lucky enough to hunt some day.

2. It is a classic caliber that is chambered in hundreds of different makes and models of rifles to include the classy Winchester Model 70 with controlled round feed and the Ruger 1B single-shot.

3. Ammo is available everywhere but if you are a reloader you have hit the motherlode. There are so many fantastic bullets out there for this cartridge. Some of my favorites are Nosler Accubonds, Partitions, and E-tips.

4. It's a simple cartridge to load for and many different powder and bullet combinations work, and work very well. IMR4350 and H4350 with 150-200 gr. bullets seems to be a constant in any loading site a person might look at.

5. The 30-06 is a hard hitting accurate cartridge that has a recoil level that most everyone can handle very easily. It has won it's fair share of shooting competitions. My own personal 30-06 will put three 165 gr. Accubonds or Partitions touching at 100 yards as long as I do my part, and I have not shot a lot with it at 500 yards for groups, but again if I do good it will shoot a 3 1/2" 3-shot group at 500 yards. That is with a fixed 4x Leupold scope no less!

6. During World War I up and into the Vietnam war the 30-06 was a great contributor to saving our soldiers and is honored in the hearts of many of these folks who served our country.

7. Jack O'Connor really liked the .270 Winchester and it was one of his favorites, but even he pointed out and felt that the 30-06 was the better all-around cartridge.

David
    You sure got it right with #7. O'Connor even admitted the '06 was better.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 62 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 6mm Remington View Post

David
    Well, that just about says it all :-)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winchester For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast