Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Happens quite frequently. A quick review of threads on this and many other forums will show you current examples. Most cases are the person asking to piggy back has information and therefore will trade their info to piggy back on a person in a higher point bracket.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    I know of some that have turned in tags for the right reasons ( medical ) and they shouldn't be punished, how ever party tags should be one turned back they all get turned back. That fixes it right there.
    I agree. Apply as a party, turn back in as a party. Party apps. should be considered as one and not allowed to split. I to know of people who have turned in for health reasons....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 67 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig87 View Post
    Happens quite frequently. A quick review of threads on this and many other forums will show you current examples. Most cases are the person asking to piggy back has information and therefore will trade their info to piggy back on a person in a higher point bracket.
    I don't have issue with this unless someone turns their tag back, or requires cash payment to piggy back.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts
    I know of some that have turned in tags for the right reasons ( medical ) and they shouldn't be punished, how ever party tags should be one turned back they all get turned back. That fixes it right there.
    Both our proposals have flaws. In yours , you punish the other tag holder w/o a medical condition. The bottom line is you can not legislate for the exceptions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 480/277 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 67 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 480/277 View Post
    Both our proposals have flaws. In yours , you punish the other tag holder w/o a medical condition. The bottom line is you can not legislate for the exceptions.
    That's true however they have a choice to eat one tag or turn in all tags. If we do away with returning tags across the board then tag holders that are not part of a party are also effected. The way it is now all applicants are damaged when one in a party like described turns in a tag and gets points back to be used in future draws while the others still get to hunt. I'm just narrowing the amount affected and they have a choice.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nv-hunter For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,125 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 711 Times in 118 Posts
    When it?s used for the reason it exists I agree with it.
    ... because every picture tells a story

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 480/277 View Post
    You draw the tag, you go hunt. No more turning tags in , that problem fixed.
    I wished they had a medical exemption in AZ when I drew my area 10 antelope tag. They didn't at the time.

My guess is a few game the system and we can fix that, but there should be reasonable exceptions, also maybe like only turning in 1 tag in a lifetime etc... if the same guy keeps drawing an elk tag and keeps returning it...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts
    A legit medical reason is easily verifiable.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 11 Posts
    In SD group applications are treated as if they were all the lowest point holders of the group. Sounds fair to me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 160 Times in 53 Posts

I too am against these practices. Unfortunately, the wayward systems are creating a bad environment in general and they will continue. Folks still must choose to make a poor decision, but it gives them an excuse or justification in their minds. I feel the PP systems, as well as the Wilderness laws, create the environment that gives folks the poor excuse to do whatever they can to, in their mind, fight back.
    There are a lot of hunting laws/regs I don't like (like the two aforementioned), but I avoid breaking them even if I feel I am right as it's simply wrong/illegal and the consequences of getting caught are not worth the effort.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast