Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 28 Posts

THERE will always be those that cheat ,no matter what the activity may be .
    I take pride in knowing I don't have to.

thankfully , Idaho did not go the way of preference points. we are luck of the draw. nearly impossible to draw some units but some great units are fairly easy also. big antlers can be had to those who have ability to make it happen.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 11 Posts
    This is wrong! They should make them hunt, unless they have a legit medical condition that would prevent them from hunting. If it's true they did in fact cheat the system like stated they should be stripped of there points and fined.

People always find ways to cheat everything now days!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    [QUOTE=Ikeepitcold;236087]Twice this week I?ve heard about this happening.

It seems every time we turn our heads there is more crap like this going on with hunting. It just chaps my butt.

In states like AZ and NV where prference points are in use and party tags are allowed guys are putting in for party tags and cheating the system and making a lot of money doing so.
    A guy with say 15 points will put in for a party tag with a guy that has 3 points. The guy with 15 has max points and will split his points with the guy that only has 3. When they draw the tags the guy with 15 points turns his tag in and keeps his points while the guy with 3 gets to hunt a unit he would have had to wait for max points to draw.
    I?ve heard the guy with max points can charge the other guy $1000.00 for this!

This just blows my mind that this kind of crap is happening. I know that NDOW is aware of this happening and is going to block this in some way very soon but not sure about the other states. I also assume this has been going on for years but this is the first I?ve heard of it. I do know for sure of a guide in Nv that is doing this but he is a shady guy and has a bad reputation.

Please keep your comments respectful to everyone as I know these subjects can get our blood boiling as it does me too.

What?s your thoughts?[/

if you dont like the system, change the system is my first thought.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts
    For every new computer program there comes a new virus.
    As Kidoggy posted there will always be some who angle the system.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 9 Posts
    Utah changed it so the only way an applicant on a Party Application can keep his/her points is if every tag holder turns their tag back in. Simple enough fix... keeps Grandma from using her max points to draw tags for grandkids every year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 480/277 View Post
    Both our proposals have flaws. In yours , you punish the other tag holder w/o a medical condition. The bottom line is you can not legislate for the exceptions.
    Easy solution: Don't apply as a party unless you are willing to turn in your tag if somebody else does. Or the one that can't go burns his/her points without hunting. Nobody is forcing you to apply as a party.

If they did this the problem would go away. You better know who you are applying with and trust them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
    Utah changed it so the only way an applicant on a Party Application can keep his/her points is if every tag holder turns their tag back in. Simple enough fix... keeps Grandma from using her max points to draw tags for grandkids every year.
    Add a verifiable medical condition exception, one time, and I'm in. WY has a good process I used for an individual tag a few years back.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Easy solution: Don't apply as a party unless you are willing to turn in your tag if somebody else does. Or the one that can't go burns his/her points without hunting. Nobody is forcing you to apply as a party.

If they did this the problem would go away. You better know who you are applying with and trust them.
    I agree. If you read my first post, that was my position. You draw the tag, you hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 480/277 View Post
    I agree. If you read my first post, that was my position. You draw the tag, you hunt.
    It wasn't an attack on you. I don't agree that we should make people hunt if they draw the tag. If the tags are re-issued with the next in line, what does it matter if people turn them back in? It would make my day to receive a turned in elk tag or even better a desert sheep tag in Nevada! They should just stipulate for party apps it's an all tags deal: i.e. all are turned in or none are turned in. I think that would solve the problem.

Thanks
    Congratulations

I was just clarifying.
    There is no perfect system. That's why I said you can not legislate based on exceptions. And no system that can't be cheated.
    And once you start exceptions there is always someone that will say
    "Well what about this circumstance "...
    There is always a hardship, real and not. At some point you draw the line. Mine starts at the start.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast