Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 205 Times in 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE69 View Post
    One things we can all agree on is that things change. Hunting has changed so much in last 100 years. It will continue to change the next hundred.
    Thankfully I won't be around to see it because I really don't think hunting is changing for the better. Only making it easier for the lazy ones not willing to put in the work.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gr8bawana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzH View Post
    Tim, I think in any reasonable discussion that a couple things matter, and one of the big ones is the facts. The implication that you're trying to make holds NO water. This bill was NOT in any way, shape or form the brain child of Wyoming Sportsmen. Its not pitting hunter against hunter, its trying to stop a practice that is BOTH damaging to outfitters bottom line, as well as a huge ethical concern among hunters here in Wyoming. The GF is also in support of banning the practice too.

I happen to agree with the outfitters that the practice of selling GPS cords, maps and pictures of specific animals is a bad idea. Its also more than just a business decision, it is a matter of hunting ethics and how far down the rabbit hole we want hunting to go.

Just like the regulation that WYBHA worked on in regard to aircraft use, it makes, just slightly more than a metric chit-ton of sense, to get out in front of this issue while its still a relatively small problem. The longer you wait to put the genie back in the bottle, the tougher it is. Nip it while in its infancy.

I'm not asking you to agree or disagree with the legislation, but quit trying to make this an US vs. THEM issue when its largely not. Quit trying to connect dots when none exist, the legislation will not stop any lawful outfitting and guiding...NONE.

Its a pretty rare bird when WYOGA, the WYGF Department, and Wyoming R and NR sportsmen are pretty well on the same page about an issue...which we are on this one.

Lastly, Wyoming has the ability and right to manage our wildlife as we see fit...and we will do so.

IMO, you would be well served to figure out what your state wants to do with this issue...its happening there too. Oregon (and all the Western States) are closely watching how the legislation/regulation plays out here in Wyoming.
    My remarks are about the question the OP asked. Not chasing straw men with you. It was not a WY thread. You may want to start a thread about the WY process, probably be informative.

My remarks have been consistent, essentially I support any legal means of hunting, whether I like it or not. If I am against it, I don't do it, and if I think it should be regulated/banned, I work at that.

Second, I do not support folks that denegrate other hunters who are legally using means, they personally dislike. Things like calling them worthless and the like, aka shooting inside the tent. Serves no useful purpose I can think of. Most can respectively make their case to change a law etc., without name calling and personal attacks, some can't...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 159 Times in 53 Posts
    I'll keep my opinion to myself for now, but will remind everyone that a civil debate is done without CAPS, exclamation points, name calling, and any negativity.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 51 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim McCoy View Post
    My remarks are about the question the OP asked. Not chasing straw men with you. It was not a WY thread. You may want to start a thread about the WY process, probably be informative.

My remarks have been consistent, essentially I support any legal means of hunting, whether I like it or not. If I am against it, I don't do it, and if I think it should be regulated/banned, I work at that.

Second, I do not support folks that denegrate other hunters who are legally using means, they personally dislike. Things like calling them worthless and the like, aka shooting inside the tent. Serves no useful purpose I can think of. Most can respectively make their case to change a law etc., without name calling and personal attacks, some can't...
    Tim, I'm not going to go 15 rounds with you, my last post on this one. I didn't change the subject to Wyoming, JimP did.

Secondly the OP asked for opinions...and I gave mine, in an honest answer. Being honest is never not the right thing to say.

As to your straw man, I think you should read your own posts for a perfect example of that.

Whether you agree or not, the ethics of hunting has been discussed for decades and the banning of certain equipment, bag limits, seasons, weapon restrictions, caliber restrictions, etc. etc. are all part of that debate. Lots of regulations are a minimum set of requirements to define fair chase and ethics...its all they are, all they ever were, and all they're ever going to be.

Any time a regulation, law, or rule is passed, someone is going to be impacted...some negatively, and some positively. If everyone agreed on the issue, no need for a regulation, rule or law in the first place.

Like I said, instead of hiding under the bed about this issue of selling locations, scouting services, GPS coords. etc., and being afraid to step on toes, lets talk about it, honestly talk about it. I think its great that information is shared about WY or any other state that is looking to tighten up regulation/statute on this subject. I will reiterate, your state is watching what happens in WY...you may want to get in front of this, one way or the other, whether you agree or disagree with it. Doesn't matter to me, I don't live in Oregon, not my pig, not my farm...simply a heads up. But, either way, someone's ox is going to be gored.

Trust me, the same things were cussed and discussed when we tightened up the flight regulations...there was opposition to the regulation changes WYBHA successfully pushed. Including, but not limited to, testimony in opposition from WY elected officials. States all across the West addressed the drone/aircraft regulations over a pretty short time period. These types of regulations seem to have a domino effect all across the West.

Nothing to get worked up about, not everyone agrees, seen it.

Honestly, what I could do without is the passive aggressive posts, most seem to be able to not do that, others cant.

Carry on...
    Last edited by BuzzH; 01-11-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzH View Post
    Tim, I'm not going to go 15 rounds with you, my last post on this one. I didn't change the subject to Wyoming, JimP did.
    I don't believe that I changed the subject to Wyoming. I mentioned the possible new law in Wyoming in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    It is my understanding that Wyoming is trying to pass a law that will restrict this type of business. But all I have heard about it is through other forums.
    It was neither a way to distract the thread or start a new discussion on it but a statement.

You BuzzH picked it up and ran with it in the next post.

Then after another page of post I did ask a question about the law that requires non resident hunters in Wyoming to hire a outfitter if they are hunting in a wilderness.

How do most of you feel about outfitters in general? Are then needed or are they someone that needs to be just tolerated? What about the law in Wyoming where a non resident needs to hire a outfitter if hunting in a wilderness?
    This was meant to just carry the discussion on about outfitters, whether you hired them as a guide service or just for their information. Wyoming was just convenient because they are the only one of the lower 48 states to require this at this time.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't believe that I changed the subject to Wyoming. I mentioned the possible new law in Wyoming in my first post.

It was neither a way to distract the thread or start a new discussion on it but a statement.

You BuzzH picked it up and ran with it in the next post.

Then after another page of post I did ask a question about the law that requires non resident hunters in Wyoming to hire a outfitter if they are hunting in a wilderness.

This was meant to just carry the discussion on about outfitters, whether you hired them as a guide service or just for their information. Wyoming was just convenient because they are the only one of the lower 48 states to require this at this time.
    Nothing personal, but you brought Wyoming into this subject twice, statement or not.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    I'll keep my opinion to myself for now, but will remind everyone that a civil debate is done without CAPS, exclamation points, name calling, and any negativity.
    Amen brother.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mntnguide View Post
    If the guy selling the info is licensed.. then so be it. But when you have a guy from Utah selling gps coordinates and locations to big bucks and pays ZERO fees to the state of Wyoming in any way.. then that is not the same as outfitting. Outfitters are licensed, insured and only allowed in the certain areas the are licensed for, and they can lose their license at any point for violating laws. The person who is just doing it to make money and sell wildlife is not doing a damn thing for this state and therefore I fully support game and fish trying to put a stop to certain individuals who have been basically illegally outfitting by collecting compensation for while assisting someone's hunt, but not claiming that money as business in the state of Wyoming. I'll be going to the deer meetings that are upcoming and look forward to voicing my thoughts and hearing what they are thinking as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Very good point.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to buckbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 2 Posts

Pretty risky business selling secrets in your own outfitter area. However any outfitter isn't going to sell the best spots so you'll probably be buying marginal information or even be mislead. Some outfitters play dirty. Don't be a sucker for this and just put a day or two extra to hunt in the area.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DanPickar For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456