Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 61 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MTHusker View Post
    Sure would, savvy. Perhaps do some research on Supreme court rulings, savvy. Your opinion is just that, not fact, savvy.
    Also, I find it so sad that you think more government regulations are the answer.
    I have looked into 1st amendment rulings, and there are lots of examples of laws and regulations that ARE NOT violations of 1st amendment rights even though they've reached the Supreme court. Do some research.

What I find sad is that rules, laws and regulations are needed to be passed in the first place, because a small minority of idiots seem to think they're more special and more entitled than everyone else. In particular in regard to hunting and fishing regulations, but that transfers over to lots of other things in everyday life. Rules are not made for the majority, rather the few, that need to be forced to do the right thing.

If people did the right thing, there would be no reason for laws, regulations, rules, etc. Just not a reality when everyone thinks they're special, because mama and daddy told them so.

I would also suggest that our Republic is a nation of laws, if you don't like government regulations, laws, etc. then move somewhere else.

I find it pretty easy to follow the rules and laws of the United States, I have no grievance with our government and I love this country.

You have yourself a good day now...
    Last edited by BuzzH; 01-10-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 260 Times in 40 Posts
    I personally have zero interest in anyone being able tell sell a gps location.
    You want to help someone out, and point them in the right direction, good for you. Been there helped people, and I'll do it again, for free.
    You'd have to ask yourself why someone who makes a living at know where animals are would be willing to sell that information to anyone? It would lead me to question if its accurate? How many other people have they sold the information to? Why would they part with this information if that's how they make a living by guiding? Honestly with the internet, your only going to be able to sell that GPS location a couple times at best.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    I agree with your options available but the part your missing is that hunts and # of hunters available are limited. For example, out of 100 guys that draw a tag, maybe 10 are willing to pay for some kind of assistance. Maybe that's a guided hunt, a drop camp, or the subject of our discussion. In my eyes, the outfitters stand to lose the most if people are allowed to sell locations/scouting. If 3 of those 10 guys choose that route, they lose 3 higher paying clients. I could be wrong, but I bet the highest opposition is going to be coming from outfitters or organizations that benefit from them...WG&F being one.
    While my numbers are an exaggeration I think it would only take 2 guys showing up in the same location to glass and to start having a conversation about why they are there that results in 2 pissed off guys.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 11 Posts
    Ya, I listened to that podcast. Not for me I suppose, but if I drew a Strip tag I sure wouldn't want to go into it blind knowing my time would be short.

Not everyone has the ability to spend six weeks every fall roaming the west hunting different states. Good for those who can, I'm jealous, but that is not my wife and I.

"There out to be a law!" is very rarely my reaction to anything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Horsenhike For This Useful Post:

RJW

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    Some people don't have the time to get out and do that kind of scouting not to mention that if it is a out of state hunt they might only have a chance to get to the hunting area once before their hunt starts.

It is not much different than actually hiring a outfitter. When you hire a outfitter you are paying for his knowelege of the area and the animal movements at certain times of the year. So now they are offering advise to hunters on where to go, and instead of having to provide a camp for them they are giving advise on where to go. There is also no difference between that and a person asking on a forum such as this one except that they are getting paid for their advise instead of giving it out free.

It is my understanding that Wyoming is trying to pass a law that will restrict this type of business. But all I have heard about it is through other forums.
    I generally agree with you Jim. Those so strongly against this are less than a stones throw from banning guided hunts... I'm not going to shoot inside the tent. Where legal, I'm 100% fine with it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tim McCoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 12 Posts
    There probably not gong to sell you thier best spots, but will point you in the right direction. If your willing to part with your cash their willing to take it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 152 Times in 34 Posts
    As long as there is an *ss there will be a seat for it. Especially if there is a demand and someone wants to pay. If it's legal then I have no issue with it. I don't agree with it though.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 61 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim McCoy View Post
    I generally agree with you Jim. Those so strongly against this are less than a stones throw from banning guided hunts... I'm not going to shoot inside the tent. Where legal, I'm 100% fine with it.
    The Wyoming bill was brought to the legislature by WYOGA...

You saying they're shooting inside their own tent?
    Last edited by BuzzH; 01-10-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I was just listening to a podcast from another host not Eastmans Elevated discussing some outfitters that will sell info to clients. Specific Info like where to glass from, canyons to hunt in, and where to look for the specific species your hunting.

What's your opinion on this?
    well....hmmm. ok, here's some thoughts, consider the source (me) and take it for what its worth, keeping in mind if i learn something new my opinion may change.

first thoughts are, well, boiled down honestly the state of affairs here changes day by day and within the same day sometimes so telling someone where to sit and glass is really more like ripping some dude off than it is helping anyone.

on a certain day if the wind and weather are right I can shoot more than half a dozen different big game animals right from my yard.

the year before or the year after on that same week you'd call me a dang liar if I told you there were ANY critters on my land at all!
    It really depends and is weather dependent among other things, like how many muley hunters got guided through that draw that day, etc etc etc.

I don't know if its any help at all...I'm reminded of several young hunters coming here from out of state, asked for help, I was watching deer and elk as I responded to their questions, they ignored my advice on one hand and the others went up the wrong valley, hell wrong side of the whole unit! end result they both had great hunts and killed what they hoped for, thanked me over and over.....and neither group had done what I said to do....that's how good of a guide I am, I can get them to kill critters where they ain't!
    Last edited by RJW; 01-10-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzH View Post
    The Wyoming bill was brought to the legislature by WYOGA...

You saying they're shooting inside their own tent?
    Nope. Was referring to you and others so harshly condemning the practice. Similar to rifle hunters bashing bow hunters, condemning hunting with dogs, all by other hunters, or things of a similar nature. Fishermen are prone to the same malady in my experience. Ergo my use of the phrasing "I'm not.... But nice try at a straw man argument.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast