Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Not watching or reading anti hunting stuff, IMHO is like going to a gun fight with an unloaded gun! I want to know whats being said out there so I can have answers when I hear that kind of crap being discussed. Being uninformed is really not the answer, have rebuttal comments and information is the way to fight it. You need to know what to defend.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I had a conversation with a woman from England last spring at the antler auction. She told me she hated "trophy hunters". I told her I considered myself a trophy hunter and explained that I also ate the meat and in fact never buy beef and have raised my girls on wild game. She was open minded and had no problem with hunting if the meat was consumed. She left with a different opinion of trophy hunting although she still despised those who don't eat the meat of the animals they kill and her opinion on that won't change.
    Last edited by WY ME; 01-04-2018 at 01:07 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WY ME For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts
    And you needed to watch an anti hunting expose to articulate that point?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 141 Times in 32 Posts
    This CNN show has been talked about for just about a year now over on a African Hunting forum that I am on. In the most part it does a fair job of putting the facts forward.

If you would like a couple of hours of reading here is a link to that discussion. If you don't wan't to read very much the first post has the trailer and a lot of the reviews of it.

https://www.africahunting.com/thread...he-film.34748/
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WY ME View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I had a conversation with a woman from England last spring at the antler auction. She told me she hated "trophy hunters". I told her I considered myself a trophy hunter and explained that I also ate the meat and in fact never buy beef and have raised my girls on wild game. She was open minded and had no problem with hunting if the meat was consumed. She left with a different opinion of trophy hunting although she still despised those who don't eat the meat of the animals they kill and her opinion on that won't change.

there are many trophy hunters that would agree with her .I eat what I kill , with exception of predators, such as coyote, which I kill for the hide.
    I was once a trophy hunter with meat as secondary consideration. as I have gotten older the "trophy means less and the meat means more to me.

though if I had A CHANCE AT A COW OR A HUGE BULL , I R GONNA CHOOSE TO KILL THE BULL EVERY TIME!
    Last edited by kidoggy; 01-04-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Jim your link and the CNN program appear to be the same.
    The Nat Geo magazine article I mentioned is a different article.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 141 Times in 32 Posts
    I mostly posted the link so that members here could take a look at the trailer that is in the first post of the thread on the other forum. Also one of them members from the African Hunting Forum took a part in the CNN show that is coming up.

My point of view is that there will always be a argument one way or the other. If non hunters go into it with a open mind they might be swayed. I know that I got a couple over onto our side by explaining what happens to a animal after it is shot over in Africa and that none of it and I mean none of it goes to waste. But then there are the others that there is no way that you are going to change their mind this side of a frontal lobotomy.

One thing that I do wish that a lot of the outdoor shows would do is to show just what happens to the meat of that "trophy" animal after it has been shot. I think that if they would it would go a long way in presenting the hunters side of it.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    there are many trophy hunters that would agree with her .I eat what I kill , with exception of predators, such as coyote, which I kill for the hide.
    I was once a trophy hunter with meat as secondary consideration. as I have gotten older the "trophy means less and the meat means more to me.

though if I had A CHANCE AT A COW OR A HUGE BULL , I R GONNA CHOOSE TO KILL THE BULL EVERY TIME!
    I've killed 10x more than I've ate. This includes fox, coyote, coon, rats, mink, marten, beaver, bear, etc. I may not eat every animal I kill but I certainly don't waste them. Bear and lions are listed as trophy game in my state and you are not required to eat the meat. No problem with me but some would disagree.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 480/277 View Post
    And you needed to watch an anti hunting expose to articulate that point?
    One needs too understand their enemy and where they're coming from. I've stared down the barrel of a pistol pointed at me by an environmentalist 6 feet away from me who said she was going to kill me because she didn't like my hounds. A few weeks later I was shot at 7 times from a rifle by the same anti-hunter fruitcake. I stood behind a small, tree turned off my nite lite and grabbed my hound until she was done shooting and yelling at me. I'd say I have good reason to understand how and why these folks think and act the way they do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WY ME For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm sorry but if someone is shooting at me, I'm shooting back. Pointing a pistol at me will probably get the same response. Not sure they are all that crazy but most are ill informed and driven by emotion and not by facts.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by WY ME View Post
    One needs too understand their enemy and where they're coming from. I've stared down the barrel of a pistol pointed at me by an environmentalist 6 feet away from me who said she was going to kill me because she didn't like my hounds. A few weeks later I was shot at 7 times from a rifle by the same anti-hunter fruitcake. I stood behind a small, tree turned off my nite lite and grabbed my hound until she was done shooting and yelling at me. I'd say I have good reason to understand how and why these folks think and act the way they do.
    You are making a point for my case. As some have pointed out, and I'm sure we hunters all have at least one experience changing a fence sitter. Most just want to see that the animal is used , and as food. My wife works in a bank and hunts. Of course at first most of the girls didn't approve but when she or I explain that we buy little meat and eat mostly venison, and birds they are ok with it.

The radical that you mentioned will never even listen to the conservationalist. They are radical preservationist pure and simple. Nothing you read or watch is going to give you one piece of info that will change their mind. And in your case, she would rather you, a human,dead rather than see you kill any animal. They are sick individuals.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast