Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 170 Times in 7 Posts

Burning Points.... 2018

Who's all cashing in this year? I thought long and hard about dumping my elk points, but decided to hold out one more year. Lots of great potential as I've scouted it in season for three straight years. Hoping for the few 350+ that I know are prevalent hang around for another year! Deer wise, it'll be another year of points as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 314 Times in 86 Posts
    I'm dumping my deer points this year. I have max (13) and am assured of drawing the unit I want by going special....I'm 99% sure that's what I'll do.

Sorry ....I thought you were asking/talking about Wyoming.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 01-02-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 90 Times in 23 Posts
    If I don't draw WY elk, I'm in for CO. Have the points to draw, can't decide between two units.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 8 Posts
    I've only got 2 deer points, but may use them this year depending on how some other draws play out. Since I arrived late to the game, I prefer to get in/get out, not build a bunch of points.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 95 Times in 11 Posts
    Just got off the phone with some friends that are Wyoming wardens so I will trying to use my max elk points and will just buy another point for deer. In Colorado I will use my points and draw my deer, save my elk points until 2020 and just go over the counter for a bull and buy a leftover cow.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 143 Times in 16 Posts
    Burned all my elk points last year and only have a couple deer points so kind of starting over. Thinking of taking my boys to Wyoming loper hunting again after taking the last two years off. Really hoping to draw goat or moose here, crossing my fingers!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Codak if you know there are 350 bulls out there and you can draw what are you waiting for? I'm not bashing your choice, I'm just curious.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 170 Times in 7 Posts
    Alabama: it's coming down to timing with other hunts, and knowing what is in the area. There are two bulls that are going to blow up next year (2019), and I want to try and go after them when they are at their prime. I know I'm crazy but crazy ppl make crazy choices, but it's worked for me in the past I think it would be pretty cool to chase after a 375 bull with years of history with, whether successful or not. Taking the guessing out of burning points sure helps, and spending countless days in the area I plan to burn em is the difference between going home empty handed, having to regain all those lost years thinking "Why didn't I put in a bit of effort?", and having the hunt you predicted you would.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CODAK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 97 Times in 16 Posts
    I burned my 10 deer pts. this past season, and have 10 elk pts. to either use or just add to. Three areas that I have either previously hunted or scouted are now off the list due to changing conditions. Unless I have an inspired moment, I will likely just apply for a sure draw MZL deer tag and hunt solo on a backpack hunt. I am game to join in with an experienced forum member on a CO elk hunt.....too bad we can't share points in CO like in WY.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 27 Posts

Planning to burn 17 UT elk points, maybe max WY antelope points, and depending on what else is going on, 18 AZ deer points. Hope to be down to points in just 4-5 states by 2020, my goal anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast