Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coondog View Post
    I been applying since wyoming started the pp system..Therr was one yr along that 12 yrs that i failed to get my pp bought...Leaving me 11..1 less than max..I have read studied and listened as much as i possibly could for that 12 yrs...I have followed Mike Eastman and Guy for well over a decade...I have been a member of eastmans...Have been a member of huntin fool...and several more...I have followed wyoming stats for well over a decade..I have a pretty good idea on the top units...i am familiar with Top rut ..I have done as much as i think i can do bein 1200 miles away...i will be 58 yrs old in a couple of days..i will never reach max points...I think it is time for me to go elk hunting...I was hoping what i might could find is someone with real experience....first hand boots on the ground experience and willing to help a flatlander out...I have talk to several wardens and biologist thru out the state and have gathered some good information..But it would sure be nice to land that real hands on connection that tells me this is it...its a no brainer...but that hasnt happen..Everytime i have been west i have made life long friends that i stay in contact with and made memories that will last forever...And i expect before this journey is done it will be the same....I know what i can draw and what i will never draw...Still looking for that connection...
    You already know where to apply. Nobody that's very smart is gonna start posting unit numbers and kill the odds for everybody else.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for the advise wapitibob

allproplum@yahoo.com

812 327 8224 call or text

or send me a pm..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    being 58 years old you should look into unit 1 if you havent already burned your points this year, unit one isnt too big of hills, mainly small rollers and thick timber, its in the black hills and like 95 percent public land with good access and some roads but still can get away from vehicles if you want. also has alot of elk and has alot of big elk as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 31 Times in 2 Posts
    I know it’s a little late, but with 11 points you would have a good chance of drawing unit 24 which offers phenomenal archery hunting in September.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes 24 was on my short list for sure...it was a tuff decision...and i appreciate all yalls help and input my final decision win loose or draw i choose unit 11..maybe a mistake maybe not....time will tell..i plan to share my results...good luck to everyone good hunting this fall and i cant hardly wait until september gets here..

Thanks Larry...

6. The Following User Says Congratulations to coondog For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by coondog View Post
    Yes 24 was on my short list for sure...it was a tuff decision...and i appreciate all yalls help and input my final decision win loose or draw i choose unit 11..maybe a mistake maybe not....time will tell..i plan to share my results...good luck to everyone good hunting this fall and i cant hardly wait until september gets here..

Thanks Larry...
    if u applied for 11 with 11 points u are gonna be hunting!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 255 Times in 38 Posts
    Did you put in for type 9 or type 1?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 4 Posts
    Let us know how it goes!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas11 View Post
    if u applied for 11 with 11 points u are gonna be hunting!
    Yes i put in for unit 11 with 11 pp ..And yes i am sure i will draw the tag...That was my plan..I want to hunt this fall..I put in for type 1...I probly will make a trip out in july to try get familiar with the area as much as possible and i will be headed back out in early september..and be prepared to hunt sep...15th..I appreciate everyones help and input..So if anyone can help me now that i have made a solid decision on the unit...Its pretty much a slam dunk i will be hunting...I need all the help i can get...I am thinking about trying to draw a deer tag or antelope for the same unit and that would get me out there even earlier...Thanks and good luck to everyone this fall...I hope i havent made a mistake on my choice...But one thing for sure..good lord willing i will be headed west this fall..Yee Haw !!

Thanks
    Congratulations

Sent u a PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123