Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 203 Times in 37 Posts
    [QUOTE=kidoggy;234935]good to know.
    wonder if the lack of negative reports stems from folks who dumped $500 on a pair of boots not wanting to admit they was had, or if you just got a bad pair??/QUOTE]

I think there is some truth to that. I know I tried very hard to like mine for that reason.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    I wore Kenetrek Extremes for 1 day while working on a steep rocky slope and returned them. It felt like I was on stilts and my ankles were constantly turning. A similar boot that has worked a lot better for me is Lowa Tibets. I pretty much only use my Tibets in deep snow in the winter. I have strong ankles and often hunt sheep/goat terrain with Scarpa Kailash. They are a chunk lighter weight. I tend to cover gobs of steep/rough country and prefer mid-weight hikers similar to my Scarpas to comfortably cover miles and miles each day. My Tibets would work but they are stiff and heavier! Everyone's feet and needs are a little different!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 11 Posts
    Yes, every persons feet are different. Also I bet a lot of folks don't lace there boots correctly for hiking which causes the issues. Lacing your boots like you do everyday for work isn't optimum for hiking mountains. I like using the surgeon knot. See link below for different ways to lace your shoes.

http://datingwithnature.com/how-to-lace-hiking-boots/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhunter View Post
    Yes, every persons feet are different. Also I bet a lot of folks don't lace there boots correctly for hiking which causes the issues. Lacing your boots like you do everyday for work isn't optimum for hiking mountains. I like using the surgeon knot. See link below for different ways to lace your shoes.

http://datingwithnature.com/how-to-lace-hiking-boots/

something to think about.

I have been lucky enough ,I guess ,to be one of those that can wear most any boot without issues(so long as size is correct).

don't really remember ever worrying about a break in period . I just wear em. never worried about how to lace em. just do it the way I have since I was two or three years old.. loop it , swoop it an pull. lol
    my feet are so callused from so many miles and years of trompin through rocks and rivers, snow an mud, I am not sure it is still possible to get a blister on them.

rest of the body hurts but feet are ok.

and I doubt there is a boot made that I could not wear out in a years time
    Last edited by kidoggy; 01-01-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 11 Posts
    Mine are also callused and tough. I just got tired of buying $200 boots and they don't even last one season. I tried on a quite few top end and Kenetreks fit my feet the best.
    Last edited by Maxhunter; 01-02-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    The new 200$ boots every year is why I went kenetrek. If I get three years out of them then I’m ahead in the long run

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 11 Posts
    I had a similar experience as timberstalker, got a pair of kennetrek and about the time they were broke in (20-30 miles) they started to leak. But called CS and they told me to return them so the boots could be inspected. A couple weeks went by and i received a new pair of boots and a letter saying my boots were leaking and that these were to replace them. I am now on my second pair of them. They fit me well and work good for me

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 234 Times in 47 Posts

I will tell you over the years I have tried a lot of socks and boot combos. Order a pair of Bridgedale Men's Merino Hiker Socks. They are the best I have found. They dont slip in the boots and they hold there shape. I only where these now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    DIY Public land Elk hunts are not for everyone but everyone should try it at least once in their lifetime. And for all those younger guys that say I don't have the time, I don't have the money, I'm out of shape or I don't have the experience to do a trip. I only have a few things to say. Take the time to make a experience, Save the money to make the trip, Get in shape so you will enjoy the hunt and the only way to get the experience is to go and make it happen. Hunt on Mark!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12