Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 5 Posts

kenetrek mt extreme 400

Finally sprung for a pair and I hope I don't regret it. Tired of buying 2 pair of boots a year. Do yall have any suggestion on break in and care for the boots? Really wanted the uninsulated but the 400 were on sale for 150$ off.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 338 Times in 60 Posts
    Find the sock combination that works for you. I wear a silk sock liner with the REI expedition sock. Break in period will be somewhere
    Between 30 and 50 miles. I broke mine in wearing them in walking around town, hiking etc. as for care of the boots buy a tub of the Kenetrek boot care stuff, it's like a bees wax. I apply it then set the boots in the sun. I do it a couple times a year. I also changed the insole to the Orange superfeet insole. Best of luck
    Last edited by sneakypete; 12-29-2017 at 10:51 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sneakypete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 252 Times in 56 Posts
    Just like Sneakypete said, find a good sock combo. I have actually had great success with the Kenetrek sock liners and Kenetrek socks. Tried the gore socks this year and it worked very well. Make sure you treat them with the Kenetrek dressing like Pete said as well. I believe the warranty can be voided if they are treated with any other product. I could be wrong.
    I wore mine out of the box on a bear hunt. Feet were sore but never blistered. I think it took about 50 miles to break them in. A very stiff boot but worth it. Wear them whenever you can. Good luck and enjoy! Hopefully they work for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ElkTrout For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 5 Posts
    I did treat them with the kenetrek wax and have been wearing them around then house and to wal mart. Sounds like I'm off to a good start. Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 4 Posts
    As stated, I found that it took me prob 25-30 miles of being laced to break in. I don’t wear a two sock combo. I wear a ultra thin wool sock and suits me fine. You will like the 400g in the cold weather. Great boots.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 12 Posts
    Yep, wear them every day to work if possible. Also put on a weighted pack and hike around or find some stairs or bleachers. I've been using them for years and love mine. Like stated 30-50 miles and they'll be broken in.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 204 Times in 38 Posts
    Good luck, buying boots is the biggest gamble in gear there is. I hated my Kenetrek boots.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 163 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    Good luck, buying boots is the biggest gamble in gear there is. I hated my Kenetrek boots.
    Fit is king!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 204 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Fit is king!
    I cannot disagree, but you can’t really tell how well they fit till you put them to the test. Once you do that they are yours, like them or not. My biggest gripe with kenetreck is they didn’t stand behind their product. Mine leaked from day one and gave me giant blisters well after the suggested breakin miles. I sent them back about the leaking and they said they were too worn out to warranty and they were only 4 months old. They wouldn’t do a damn thing to help me out but try to sell me their socks. By the time they were truly broke in the soles we’re nearly gone, worst boot experience of my life.

I know there’s a huge following for these boots and negative reports are not the norm.
    Last edited by Timberstalker; 12-30-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 84 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    I cannot disagree, but you can’t really tell how well they fit till you put them to the test. Once you do that they are yours, like them or not. My biggest gripe with kenetreck is they didn’t stand behind their product. Mine leaked from day one and gave me giant blisters well after the suggested breakin miles. I sent them back about the leaking and they said they were too worn out to warranty and they were only 4 months old. They wouldn’t do a damn thing to help me out but try to sell me their socks. By the time they were truly broke in the soles we’re nearly gone, worst boot experience of my life.

I know there’s a huge following for these boots and negative reports are not the norm.

good to know.
    wonder if the lack of negative reports stems from folks who dumped $500 on a pair of boots not wanting to admit they was had, or if you just got a bad pair??
    company had better be known for outstanding customer service before I would buy a pair at those prices.

not sure it is still possible to get a blister on my foot but I despise wet feet when hiking. think I will stick with my danners
    Last edited by kidoggy; 12-31-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast