Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: salmon unit

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

salmon unit

HOW WAS THE ELK HUNTING OUT THERE THIS YEAR ? i'M HEADED TO IDAHO FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR AND HAVE DECIDED TO ARCHERY HUNT 36B . I'VE BEEN HUNTING COLORADO THE LAST 5 YRS AND HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY IDAHO SO THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR ! I'VE SPENT THE LAST 3 WEEKS RESEARCHING THIS 36B ON ONX MAPSAND GOOGLE EARTH AS WELL AS SPEAKING WITH THE BIOLOGIST . WAS JUST WONDERING HOW THIS WAS AND WHAT TO EXPECT . I'VE HUNTED SOME PRETTY STEP AND WOOLY COUNTRY NORTH OF ASPEN IN COLORADO . ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED . STILL DECIDING IF I SHOULD TAKE MY ATV HOW ARE THE ROADS ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 5 Posts
    You are required to have an ATV in your possession at all times in Idaho. I consistently break that rule and haven’t got caught yet. Assuming your talking archery elk I think your gonna enjoy yourself. Say 2000’ of elevation in 1.5-2 miles is about standard where I’d hunt with that tag

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the humor Joe lol and the info as well . Yes on the archery plan on hunting the sept 9-18

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    non resident looking to maybe Idaho archery elk hunt just here to gather info

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Been looking around darling creek on line and Morgan creek . Any one familiar with these areas .

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 9 Posts
    Familiar with Morgan Creek and most of the Salmon areas. Quite a few elk, some nice bulls. Good places to start, I like to be mobile to spot and stalk, probably spent 40 plus days hunting the Salmon area this year. Mostly steep and rugged country with access limited due to terrain. Sept. 9th would be early for rut, so spot and stalk with good glass. Get a wolf tag, quite a few of those around. :-) Just took a hunter out and scored on a cow, his 1st elk.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 84 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meathunter View Post
    Familiar with Morgan Creek and most of the Salmon areas. Quite a few elk, some nice bulls. Good places to start, I like to be mobile to spot and stalk, probably spent 40 plus days hunting the Salmon area this year. Mostly steep and rugged country with access limited due to terrain. Sept. 9th would be early for rut, so spot and stalk with good glass. Get a wolf tag, quite a few of those around. :-) Just took a hunter out and scored on a cow, his 1st elk.
    they will without a doubt be bugling by then and the rut will be on. may not yet have a big harem of cows .which ,in my opinion, is better then hunting later when they do
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    thanks meathunter im hoping with the full moon falling on the 24 that maybe theyll be bugling some . ive several other areas i scouted on line also

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree kidoggy I'd rather be working a bull looking for cows or who just started gathering cows then one thats all cowed up .

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gator7275 View Post
    I'd rather be working a bull looking for cows or who just started gathering cows then one that's all cowed up .
    Amen brother!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast