Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: hunting jacket

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sandy Oregon
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 7 Times in 3 Posts
    I really like my first lite uncompahgre jacket. It's super lite and warm.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado & Arizona
    Posts
    304
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
    Congratulations
    48
    Congratulated 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Sitka or First Lite....

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Catahoula12 For This Useful Post:


  4. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 5 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sitka Blizzard jacket, and pants, this is the best cobo I have found for Us here, and we do get really cold with a wind also.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta Hunter For This Useful Post:


  6. #14
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,045
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 997 Posts
    Congratulations
    38
    Congratulated 155 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah S View Post
    I really like my first lite uncompahgre jacket. It's super lite and warm.
    This is one of my favorite puffy jackets.
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  7. #15
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,045
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 997 Posts
    Congratulations
    38
    Congratulated 155 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Hunter View Post
    Sitka Blizzard jacket, and pants, this is the best cobo I have found for Us here, and we do get really cold with a wind also.
    That may be one of the most extreme sets of clothing that I have ever seen.
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  8. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    233
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Congratulations
    23
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just to let the group know I went with the Sitka hooded jacket and love it. When you live in ND with below temps you need a good jacket and this one fits the bill! I have already had the opportunity to try it out in -20 degree weather and worked great!! Thanks again for the advise.
    Now for my next question and I will admit up front that I am a wimp. We are hoping to go on a horseback elk hunt this fall and have been thinking about getting a pair of bike shorts to protect this old guys thighs!! I told you I am wimpy
    Have any of you tried the bike shorts and if so did they work and what kind should I purchase?

    Merry Christmas and happy trails.
    Gman

  9. #17
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,045
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 997 Posts
    Congratulations
    38
    Congratulated 155 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gman1 View Post
    Just to let the group know I went with the Sitka hooded jacket and love it. When you live in ND with below temps you need a good jacket and this one fits the bill! I have already had the opportunity to try it out in -20 degree weather and worked great!! Thanks again for the advise.
    Now for my next question and I will admit up front that I am a wimp. We are hoping to go on a horseback elk hunt this fall and have been thinking about getting a pair of bike shorts to protect this old guys thighs!! I told you I am wimpy
    Have any of you tried the bike shorts and if so did they work and what kind should I purchase?

    Merry Christmas and happy trails.
    Gman
    Well...the best solution is to get some practice riding a horse beforehand.
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  10. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    341
    Thanked 113 Times in 68 Posts
    Congratulations
    118
    Congratulated 128 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Well...the best solution is to get some practice riding a horse beforehand.
    ^^ Wise words ^^

    As a kid, we went to my Uncle's ranch every summer. Always took a while to adjust to being on horses.

    I bike a lot now, and have many biking shorts...don't think they would serve you well on horseback.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daubs For This Useful Post:


 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •