Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 120 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post

Here is an option from Liberty.
    I have 2 of these in my safe. Been using them for about 5 years with no issues

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post

Here is an option from Liberty.
    I have been using this one for the past few years. No issues. Seems to work well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 11 Posts
    I bought one of the Eva Dry dehumidifiers off Amazon and really like it. I think it might be dang near the exact same thing that IKIC posted, just different branding. Also bought a little humidity sensor to put in the safe just to see how it does and it maintains it right about 38% all the time.

For guys that just use silica packets, wouldn't those packets only absorb so much moisture and then not be able to absorb any more? I think what IKIC posted and the Eva Dry that I have basically just have silica in them but then once a month or so, you plug it into an outlet overnight and it removes all the moisture from the silica. I could be wrong but that's how I interpret it. I used to just use silica packets but for $20, the Eva Dry seems like it's worth it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 9 Posts
    I bought a safe on Monday and just ordered one of these two days ago. It looks like I made a good decision. Thx guys.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 22 Posts
    my safe is in my house and I have never had an issue with water. I know some people keep their safes in the garage or shop and don't heat the room in winter .

if you don't put the gun in wet . how would water get in?? I also am in a low humidity area.
    Last edited by kidoggy; 12-07-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 120 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    my safe is in my house and I have never had an issue with water. I know some people keep their safes in the garage or shop and don't heat the room in winter .

if you don't put the gun in wet . how would water get in?? I also am in a low humidity area.
    Opening the door is enough concern for me. Especially in St Louis where we could have 90% humidity.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 6 Posts
    Golden Rod. 10 years, no issues.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 275 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    I bought one of the Eva Dry dehumidifiers off Amazon and really like it. I think it might be dang near the exact same thing that IKIC posted, just different branding. Also bought a little humidity sensor to put in the safe just to see how it does and it maintains it right about 38% all the time.

For guys that just use silica packets, wouldn't those packets only absorb so much moisture and then not be able to absorb any more? I think what IKIC posted and the Eva Dry that I have basically just have silica in them but then once a month or so, you plug it into an outlet overnight and it removes all the moisture from the silica. I could be wrong but that's how I interpret it. I used to just use silica packets but for $20, the Eva Dry seems like it's worth it.
    I own a furniture store and get packs all the time in some of our freight. so some of the packs are very large. I just throw old ones away and throw new ones in. I don't really think about it to much and I do live in a rainy environment.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 141 Times in 17 Posts

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 227 Times in 46 Posts
    This Is what I use
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    As already mentioned, low humidity here in Colorado. I also have a "Golden Rod" dehumidifier which came with my safe 30 years ago.
    DIY Public land Elk hunts are not for everyone but everyone should try it at least once in their lifetime. And for all those younger guys that say I don't have the time, I don't have the money, I'm out of shape or I don't have the experience to do a trip. I only have a few things to say. Take the time to make a experience, Save the money to make the trip, Get in shape so you will enjoy the hunt and the only way to get the experience is to go and make it happen. Hunt on Mark!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast