Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 128 Times in 17 Posts
    Thanks for the advice!

Picked up a box of Hornady - Precision Hunter 7mm Rem Mag 162 gr ELD-X. I will get some time to run a few rounds through the gun this Friday before the Saturday opener.

Yes, I would be happy with 1" group at 100 yards. If the 7MAG doesn't pick up it's game I always have the tried and true A-bolt -06 with me.

Again, appreciate the advice and replies. Thanks, Daubs

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 157 Times in 71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daubs View Post
    Thanks for the advice!

Picked up a box of Hornady - Precision Hunter 7mm Rem Mag 162 gr ELD-X. I will get some time to run a few rounds through the gun this Friday before the Saturday opener.

Yes, I would be happy with 1" group at 100 yards. If the 7MAG doesn't pick up it's game I always have the tried and true A-bolt -06 with me.

Again, appreciate the advice and replies. Thanks, Daubs
    I have been very pleased with my precision hunter ammo. I hope you?re gun likes it.
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 56 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    Some rifles will never shoot less than a 1" pattern at 100 yards unless you do a lot of work to them.
    Extremely rare if you bed, float, reload, and have a halfway decent trigger.

In several dozen rifles I've had one that was a lemon...factory barrel was total crap. New barrel and good to go.

While most new rifles have no soul, they tend to shoot pretty well right out of the box.

Example here:

My nephews lefty Rem. 700 youth in 7-08...20 inch barrel, bone stock, crap trigger.

Took 3 shots to get things close, shots 4-8 with the first load I tried with 140's:

Second load shot fair too. Ended up going with this load for now, less recoil and a modest load, plus I have an 8lb tub of H380 that needs to be shot up. The .284 120 Nosler BT is also a damn good hunting bullet too...digs deep and holds together well for a standard cup and core.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 6 Posts
    This is easy. Buy a box of HSM 168 Bergers. I shotjust about every brand and weight before finding the store bought Bergers would shoot 1/2. The only thing better was RWS ID Classic whitch shoot 1/4 inch. They were 177 gr. Made in Germany.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 128 Times in 17 Posts

Hornady 139 superformance on left, 168 precision hunter on right. 100 yards. Much better than the federal 150 ballistic tips.

Ready for the opener tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Congratulations to Daubs For This Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12