Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Yell County Arkansas
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Congratulations
    6
    Congratulated 41 Times in 8 Posts

    Congratulations to the young man. You may not get that hat back now.

  2. #62
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    7,219
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Congratulations
    699
    Congratulated 704 Times in 116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50bowhunter View Post
    My dad and I last week on National Forest in Virginia. Best outdoors moment of my life being with my dad to walk up on his best buck ever.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Great photos guys.
    ... because every picture tells a story

  3. #63
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,871
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 948 Posts
    Congratulations
    38
    Congratulated 152 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50bowhunter View Post
    My dad and I last week on National Forest in Virginia. Best outdoors moment of my life being with my dad to walk up on his best buck ever.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very nice bucks, congrats to you and your Dad!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  4. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    High School Senior Trip:
    I took my son to Wyoming for his senior trip in October. To sum it up, we made memories of a lifetime!



    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to cparisf For This Useful Post:


  6. The Following 5 Users Say Congratulations to cparisf For This Post:


  7. #65
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,871
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 948 Posts
    Congratulations
    38
    Congratulated 152 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cparisf View Post
    High School Senior Trip:
    I took my son to Wyoming for his senior trip in October. To sum it up, we made memories of a lifetime!



    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    That looks like one heck of a senior trip!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:


  9. The Following User Says Congratulations to ScottR For This Post:


  10. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    848
    Thanked 223 Times in 152 Posts
    Congratulations
    65
    Congratulated 114 Times in 19 Posts
    I got an old broke up 10pt Sunday morning. It was the dominant buck of the main area I hunt, a giant bodied buck that I think was 6 but may have been 7 this year. It was a foggy, damp morning and I have caught bucks moving later several times on days like that. I came back from hunting another area and my wife told me about the buck she saw cross a field of ours a little earlier. I knew when she described it what buck it was and where it was headed so I hustled out to get ahead of it. I ended up being just in time, the buck and I spotted each other as I was glassing for him and he took off.

    I had the new long range 264WM out as my normal 264 was having scope issues. The heavy rifle felt light as the adrenaline hit and I swung on him and dropped him at 150yds as he ran toward the creek. The 143gr ELD-X took him through the front shoulder and fragmented. It did not exit, but it did the job and the buck didn't take another step. The bullet starts out from that rifle at 3240fps so it would have still been going around 3000fps when it hit.

    It wasn't my best buck but it was a mature one and a buck I wanted to take out of the herd so I was happy. He would have been in the mid 140's before breaking his G1 and G2 from what he measured and the trail cam pics I have from earlier. He has a 20" inside spread but average mass and short tines. It was an exciting hunt during a season that has been really slow. The supermoon and warm, windy weather has limited daylight movement. I was happy with the result. Best part is that I started marinating back straps Sunday after I got him processed and we got to eat them tonight, great meal!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7045.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	20365

  11. The Following 10 Users Say Congratulations to mcseal2 For This Post:


  12. #67
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    7,219
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Congratulations
    699
    Congratulated 704 Times in 116 Posts
    Great buck and story. Thanks for sharing.
    ... because every picture tells a story

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:


  14. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Congratulations
    20
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post
    Had a good season again on the old "Crick" hill. Rutting activity was still cooking the first week of the season. Scrapes were being kept open and does were still being chased. I put in the time on the stand. Mid day activity was high,and the deer were on their daily patterns. Where my stand is located,hunter pressure is low. No one traverses the cricket hill. It's a huge expanse of devils club and brier. I'm watching an old gas well site and access road. The only opening in the red brush for hundreds of yards. At 11:45 on Fri,a doe came out of the brush. Obviously ragged,mouth open and being pursued. I heard the grunts and saw the rack threading through the red brush behind her. He got clear and there was no question he was a shooter.

    Pretty tickled with him. As nice an eight point as I could hope for.



  15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeTikkas For This Useful Post:


  16. The Following 6 Users Say Congratulations to ThreeTikkas For This Post:


  17. #69
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,871
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 948 Posts
    Congratulations
    38
    Congratulated 152 Times in 67 Posts
    Good stuff here guys, thanks for sharing!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:


  19. #70
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    7,219
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Congratulations
    699
    Congratulated 704 Times in 116 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeTikkas View Post
    Had a good season again on the old "Crick" hill. Rutting activity was still cooking the first week of the season. Scrapes were being kept open and does were still being chased. I put in the time on the stand. Mid day activity was high,and the deer were on their daily patterns. Where my stand is located,hunter pressure is low. No one traverses the cricket hill. It's a huge expanse of devils club and brier. I'm watching an old gas well site and access road. The only opening in the red brush for hundreds of yards. At 11:45 on Fri,a doe came out of the brush. Obviously ragged,mouth open and being pursued. I heard the grunts and saw the rack threading through the red brush behind her. He got clear and there was no question he was a shooter.

    Pretty tickled with him. As nice an eight point as I could hope for.


    Real neat buck. He has some character
    ... because every picture tells a story

 

 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •