Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Goose Recipes

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,287
    Thanks
    1,700
    Thanked 267 Times in 222 Posts
    Congratulations
    125
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Grind the breasts up and marinade them before making jerky with a jerky shooter, then smoke them.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,617
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 975 Times in 649 Posts
    Congratulations
    561
    Congratulated 405 Times in 74 Posts
    last year I started cooking my geese up just like bbq pork in the crock pot and I loved it

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im a Chinese fan so I turn my geese into Mongolian beef. Slice breast thin throw them into spicy Mongolian beef sauce and let them marinade. Throw over fried rice. Couldn't even tell it's goose.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    7,871
    Thanks
    2,855
    Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Congratulations
    735
    Congratulated 717 Times in 122 Posts
    These are some great recipes, thanks guys
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

  5. #15
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,147 Posts
    Congratulations
    40
    Congratulated 163 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raspy View Post
    Im a Chinese fan so I turn my geese into Mongolian beef. Slice breast thin throw them into spicy Mongolian beef sauce and let them marinade. Throw over fried rice. Couldn't even tell it's goose.
    We did some spicy goose fajitas last December and then tried tacos. It turned out very well.
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Central WI
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Post that recipe up!
    Cube up goose breast, pressure cook until it about falls apart. Cook up peas, carrots cubed up taters. Mix up a batch of your grammas gravy. Mix it all together and put in a pie tin. If your wife can make a pie crust from scratch and a crust cover for the top go that route. If she cant or your single stop at a grocery store and buy the pre made pie tins with crust done and a pilsbury roll tin and roll out your own top crust, bake at 350 until hot and consume. We even vacuum seal them.

  7. #17
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,147 Posts
    Congratulations
    40
    Congratulated 163 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang8 View Post
    Cube up goose breast, pressure cook until it about falls apart. Cook up peas, carrots cubed up taters. Mix up a batch of your grammas gravy. Mix it all together and put in a pie tin. If your wife can make a pie crust from scratch and a crust cover for the top go that route. If she cant or your single stop at a grocery store and buy the pre made pie tins with crust done and a pilsbury roll tin and roll out your own top crust, bake at 350 until hot and consume. We even vacuum seal them.
    Thank you sir!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alta Loma CA
    Posts
    716
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 242 Times in 168 Posts
    Congratulations
    461
    Congratulated 220 Times in 30 Posts
    my favorite way to cook geese and duck on a traeger smoker is use a large throw away typ pan
    1 goose hole plucked skin on
    8- quartered potatoes
    4- large onions quartered
    10- carrots 3" chunks
    sage and or rosemary
    pepper and lawry's season salt
    stuff goose with the potatoes onions carrots herbs and fill the pan with the rest cover cook at around 300 f cook to around 175 internal temp
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin ray View Post
    my favorite way to cook geese and duck on a traeger smoker is use a large throw away typ pan
    1 goose hole plucked skin on
    8- quartered potatoes
    4- large onions quartered
    10- carrots 3" chunks
    sage and or rosemary
    pepper and lawry's season salt
    stuff goose with the potatoes onions carrots herbs and fill the pan with the rest cover cook at around 300 f cook to around 175 internal temp
    Nice! I may try this out as well one of these days.

  10. #20
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,147 Posts
    Congratulations
    40
    Congratulated 163 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dustin ray View Post
    my favorite way to cook geese and duck on a traeger smoker is use a large throw away typ pan
    1 goose hole plucked skin on
    8- quartered potatoes
    4- large onions quartered
    10- carrots 3" chunks
    sage and or rosemary
    pepper and lawry's season salt
    stuff goose with the potatoes onions carrots herbs and fill the pan with the rest cover cook at around 300 f cook to around 175 internal temp
    Thanks, this sounds good!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •