Congratulated 155 Times in 69 Posts

Bump this guy up again!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 61 Times in 12 Posts
    Here's a picture of my Grandfather (center) hunting in Colorado in the late 1950s.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1602.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	20176

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winchester For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 97 Times in 23 Posts
    My Grandfather lived in Pa but made a trip to hunt out west in the 60s. Here he is with the buck he got. He said they brought camp in on horseback and were somewhere up in the Hoback area in Wyoming.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zpooch For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 710 Times in 118 Posts
    Those are some killer photos!

This is really turning out to me one of my favorite threads.

We need to get Mike to post up a few of Gordon.
    ... because every picture tells a story

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 307 Times in 42 Posts
    This is a pic of my Dad shortly after he followed my Mom and her family to OR. He was from OK, but had met my Mom in AZ while working loading train cars and trucks with produce (mostly lettuce) as a migrant worker. This photo was taken in the 50's at the home property we still own in OR. Dad and Grandpa cleared the property for farming.
    This is a big old blacktail that was taken near the same area I killed a big non-typical blacktail a few years back.
    I might post this in the favorite pic thread also. Besides pics of my kids with their animals, this is probably one of my all time favorite hunting pics. My sister still has his 30.30 model 94 Winchester that is in the pic also.

Name:	1950%27s Blacktail (Jack Edwards).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	20430

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gonhunting247 For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by gonhunting247 View Post
    This is a pic of my Dad shortly after he followed my Mom and her family to OR. He was from OK, but had met my Mom in AZ while working loading train cars and trucks with produce (mostly lettuce) as a migrant worker. This photo was taken in the 50's at the home property we still own in OR. Dad and Grandpa cleared the property for farming.
    This is a big old blacktail that was taken near the same area I killed a big non-typical blacktail a few years back.
    I might post this in the favorite pic thread also. Besides pics of my kids with their animals, this is probably one of my all time favorite hunting pics. My sister still has his 30.30 model 94 Winchester that is in the pic also.

Name:	1950%27s Blacktail (Jack Edwards).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	20430
    That is a cool story and a awesome photo.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    1974.....I was 10 years old at the time. I still remember my dad going to the local gun shop in Riverside California and buying a Winchester Model 70 in .243. We would often go shooting out in "Pigeon Pass" near where we lived and I got to shoot the new rifle a few times which I thought was pretty cool.

That fall my dad had booked a hunt in the Wrangel Mountains in Alaska with Doug Vaden. My dad would be hunting moose, Dall sheep for my oldest brother (15 years older than I), and caribou for my brother in law. I was along as my dad's moose hunting sidekick. I had fun in base camp exploring, throwing road apples at the girl my age in camp, finding moose sheds, fishing for grayling and listening to stories around the dinner table. I still remember the outfitter telling us how when he first discovered the lodge building it was full of hair from hibernating grizzlies.

One afternoon we went for a horseback ride along the White River. After we had turned back towards camp we came across a lone caribou bull. My brother-in-law was asked if he wanted to take him and he decided to wait (later he killed a B&C bull!). My dad then asked me if I wanted to shoot it. Up to that point I had absolutely NO idea I was hunting. I took a "rest" prone over my dad and with his breathing the crosshairs were all over the place. A couple shots later I had my first big game animal ever. I later learned the outfitter had told my dad he enjoyed having kids along on the hunts and if my dad bought me a tag, the he would let me take a caribou for free. That was my first an only big game animal until I moved to Oregon at 18 years of age.

My dad cultivated my love for hunting and fishing. I've since lost my dad and mom in an auto accident in 1999. But I know that one day we will see each other again.

Wow! What a great Story, I was so glad I came across this. Like you, I share hunting as a passion with my fathe and I would never trade him nor our shared passion for anything else. Thank you for your story

Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 312 Times in 85 Posts
    Couldn't sleep, so I am reading some of these posts again and something is there that just jumped out at me. Notice how many great bucks came out of California 50 or so years ago. All of my biggest bucks came from Calif in the 50's and 60's. Used to have some great deer hunting, sad that today it has declined so much. Too many Lions and people I guess, but I still have pictures and memories!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    It sure is a shame about Ca. The country is beautiful and should have so much more animals other then predators. Reminds me of Idaho a lot. The otc units we used to hunt is some of the most amazing country I’ve ever hunted and it’s like crickets. No deer, elk, just nothing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for all the stories from old pic's of days gone buy, here are a few bird hunting pic's I was given years ago, don't know the people in the pictures, but as you can see long ago

Name:	Bird huntin 2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	20546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bird hunting 1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	20547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bird hunting 4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	20548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bird huntin 5.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	20549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bird hunting 6.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	20550

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast