Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Scope...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts

A story about Nightforce service...

I bought a NF Unimount for my previous Leupold scope. When I tried to mount it, the mount hit the ejection port on my rifle. I was leaving shortly on a hunt so I asked my co worker about it. Having worked at NF for years he said, "yea the vendor screwed up a few hundred so we filed them, re anodized them, and shipped them all out. File it then send it back when yo get home".
    I filed it, mounted it, and called NF when I came back. I sent it in and NF promptly called me back saying there was nothing wrong with it and since I filed it I was SOL.

I mentioned my conversation with the former employee to which he replied "You talked to J...?"
    me; yes
    NF; "well, we filed a bunch of those but production says this wasn't one of them so we won't replace it and we'll send it back to you"
    me; so, your former employee who filed hundreds of them, looked at it and said "yea I guess we missed one" is mistaken?
    NF; production won't replace it, where do you want it sent?

I own a NF scope, will never own another Leupold, but Nightforce service is a joke. If I remembered the clowns name from their customer service dept i'd post it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    I am split between Leupold and Vortex. I have a Leupold VX6 on my custom built 300 win mag and a VX3L on my factory 300 win mag. My son has a Vortex Razor light hunter on his .260 and I have the same one on my .223 coyote gun. Both have very good glass and have worked very well for us.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 254 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    A story about Nightforce service...

I bought a NF Unimount for my previous Leupold scope. When I tried to mount it, the mount hit the ejection port on my rifle. I was leaving shortly on a hunt so I asked my co worker about it. Having worked at NF for years he said, "yea the vendor screwed up a few hundred so we filed them, re anodized them, and shipped them all out. File it then send it back when yo get home".
    I filed it, mounted it, and called NF when I came back. I sent it in and NF promptly called me back saying there was nothing wrong with it and since I filed it I was SOL.

I mentioned my conversation with the former employee to which he replied "You talked to J...?"
    me; yes
    NF; "well, we filed a bunch of those but production says this wasn't one of them so we won't replace it and we'll send it back to you"
    me; so, your former employee who filed hundreds of them, looked at it and said "yea I guess we missed one" is mistaken?
    NF; production won't replace it, where do you want it sent?

I own a NF scope, will never own another Leupold, but Nightforce service is a joke. If I remembered the clowns name from their customer service dept i'd post it.
    Sounds like a solid company to give your hard earned money too, they tell you to pound it when something is wrong.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 94 Times in 11 Posts
    I have a Swarovski 4-12 on my 300 way.( my main hunting gun) which I sighted in 17 years ago and have never had to adjust it since and it sees some serious abuse. I have leupold vx3s on a few other rifles. I also have a couple of cabelas Alaskan guide scopes that have performed flawlessly as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 83 Times in 11 Posts
    Between my 4 rifles and 1 muzzleloader I have 3 Vortex, 1 Leupold, and 1 Nikon. I'm a big Vortex fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 205 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by go_deep View Post
    Sounds like a solid company to give your hard earned money too, they tell you to pound it when something is wrong.
    Yup, that's a company I would support.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I got tired of supporting UPS when I had a Leupold.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 59 Times in 10 Posts
    All Burris on my hunting guns.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA; Member CRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 152 Times in 28 Posts
    Vortex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mathews Heli-m, 70 lb limbs, 29.5 draw, trophy ridge react pro 7 pin sight, qad hdx rest, axion 4 in stabilizer, 6 arrow quiver, cabelas stalker extreme arrow 4 in vanes, rocket hammerhead, tru-fire hardcore release

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 198 Times in 26 Posts

I thought i knew what a good scope was then i bought a muzzle loader with a Huskemaw 4-16LR
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast