Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumb release for hunting

Due to problems with my wrist I soon will not be able to use a wrist strap release so I will be going to a thumb release.
    I used a Tru Ball Max Pro 4 for a couple of years but went back to a wrist release. It was a good release but a little small and thin.
    My question is, has anyone started hunting with a cheaper thumb release then going to a 200.00+ release and was glad they did?
    From my little experience with thumb handheld release I know I want a four finger with an open index finger, this is a hunting release. I don't want something too small or thin.
    From what I see in the catalogues I would probably look at the Carter Chocolate Addiction.
    I just wonder if a high dollar release is needed for hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 120 Times in 23 Posts
    Im using the trueball boss x. But it is just under $200. I really like how the release tension and thumb release position are adjustable. Plus, you can add the wrist strap so you know where the release is.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post
    I actually hunt with a hinge release. I was having target panic pretty bad and decided to get rid of any kind of trigger. Mine has a safety on it, tho. Its the Carter Honey 2 and its around $200. If I were you, I would look on ebay for a used one to save money and get a really good one. They last forever, so even with moderate use, they are still fully operational for many many years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 120 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowrunner View Post
    I actually hunt with a hinge release. I was having target panic pretty bad and decided to get rid of any kind of trigger. Mine has a safety on it, tho. Its the Carter Honey 2 and its around $200. If I were you, I would look on ebay for a used one to save money and get a really good one. They last forever, so even with moderate use, they are still fully operational for many many years.
    Little late in the season to switch to back tension. Everyone I know that shoots one says give yourself 6 mo to learn it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    Little late in the season to switch to back tension. Everyone I know that shoots one says give yourself 6 mo to learn it.
    I agree. It takes a little time to learn it. I just wanted to tell him that you can buy a used one and get a great deal on one of the high dollar releases.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks like there is a guy on the Eastmans Garage Sale section selling a carter thumb trigger release...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 86 Times in 16 Posts
    I shoot a tru-fire hardcore revolution. I don't really have any complaints about it
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)