Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 61 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    Shhhhhhh.......along the same lines........the willingness to hunt downhill and pack out uphill�� either on your back or with stock.
    Yeah, you're right ... I got a nice bull this year that way.
    However, most folks (me included normally) would prefer to hunt uphill and pack out downhill.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 948 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 152 Times in 67 Posts
    Shhhhhhh.......along the same lines........the willingness to hunt downhill and pack out uphill�� either on your back or with stock.
    Here is the thing though on this one. Every hunter is looking for the easy elk and outside of the desert units, it is never an easy hunt. So, that being said.

Most of the guys who are consistently posting have found the secret sauce recipe for elk. It's hard work, whether horses, packs, or whatever are needed. Lots of guys will read this and then think that sounds like a lot of work and that is fine. There are many reasons to hunt including just getting out there. Personally eating elk has become a regular affair in my home, which means I better get it done. Wipes brow...looks up hill, starts packing...
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Here is the thing though on this one. Every hunter is looking for the easy elk and outside of the desert units, it is never an easy hunt. So, that being said.

Most of the guys who are consistently posting have found the secret sauce recipe for elk. It's hard work, whether horses, packs, or whatever are needed. Lots of guys will read this and then think that sounds like a lot of work and that is fine. There are many reasons to hunt including just getting out there. Personally eating elk has become a regular affair in my home, which means I better get it done. Wipes brow...looks up hill, starts packing...
    I hear ya!!
    I've been fortunate enough to get an elk for a few years in a row, so now my better half kinda "expects" me to get one each year ... oh boy:-)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 116 Times in 28 Posts
    My first elk way back in the 70's was a 2 day pack out.

Yes, I have had a couple of easy ones but 99% of them include a lot of sweat and sore muscles.

Just mentioning a elk hunt usually means to break out the pack frames and get into that frame of mind that once you pull the trigger the easy stuff is all over for at least the next day or so.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 152 Times in 34 Posts
    Hard work and finding unpressured animals. Easy to type.....but few do it or are willing to put in the time.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Hard work and finding unpressured animals. Easy to type.....but few do it or are willing to put in the time.
    Yes sir, finding unpressured animals IS hard work ... much easier said than done sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12