Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts

A few years ago I built a load for a friend's 300 Mag, we ended up with a Berger 185gr VLD Hunting bullet over 71.8gr of RL22 with a base to ogive length of 2.673". He was able to consistently keep his 3 shot groups under 1 MOA out to 300 yards. He took a Utah mountain goat at a little over 200 yards at a steep downhill angle with one shot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Tikka likes just about anything, but it loves a 180gr Accubond being pushed by 75gr of RL22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 9 Posts

So just to follow up, I ended up testing a few different loads and I came up with RL26 76.3 grains with a 178Grain ELD-x bullet and CCI magnum primer. It shoots right under 1 MOA at 100 yards. I am crunched for time so that is as good as it is going to get for this elk season. I can consistently hit the silhouette at 550 yards and just for fun tried out to 700 and hit about 75% of the time. Not that I would shoot that far hunting but I always have to send a few fun rounds downrange.

I am pretty happy with it so far. I think I can do better just getting used to the rifle but for now this will have to do. Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12