Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 121 Times in 29 Posts

So I'm gonna
    1) glass the serviceberry, choke berry scrub oak line of transition and lower.
    2) hunt an area we always knock a cow down in muzzleloader over a kill site hopefully.
    3) fold in the rabbit in distress method

Should be interesting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonhunting247 View Post
    Fall is definitely tougher than spring, but it does work sometimes. I've had way more success during the spring, but have killed a couple bears in the fall while calling also! In most cases I've seen the bear, but can't relocate him. So I sneak in close with the wind in my favor and call. My percentage of response is pretty low during the fall though! Another thing I noticed is that I haven't had any come in aggressive in the fall, like they do in the spring. They just meander in kind of curious like. At least so far, for me anyway. I use a simple rabbit in distress call and wail away, trying to sound as pitiful as possible . I think what wa-hunter said is exactly right, the more good food they have in front of them the harder they are to get interested and I guess rightly so. Good luck with calling, when it works, it can really be exciting!
    I've never heard of anyone doing this successfully in Price County Wisconsin where I live and hunt, also hopefully have a tag next year. We have some trophy bear on camera and typically bait sit or run with hounds. I wonder if this method would be effective in our thick swamps/woods

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Called in two cougars when calling for bears in Unit 80. Just sit where your back is up against a good backstop as they sneak in on you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to troutrepublic.com For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12