Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7mag View Post
    I always pack my clothes and sleeping bag in a dry bag used for white water rafting. Its a little heavier but if it starts raining or snowing i know i will always have dry clothes and sleeping bag at camp. It makes a pretty good pillow when stuffed inside a sweatshirt too. There has been a bunch of times a 8x8 tarp would have been really nice for shelter from rain/ snow but i have never brought one
    A lesson I learned many years ago. If you shoot with a release there is only two places it can be on your bow or wrist. I can not even draw my bow with out the release.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 100 Times in 23 Posts
    It is always nice to have two releases just for the chance that you break one or for some reason it won't work right.

When I am done with mine I just strap it to one of the bow limbs so that it is always with the bow.

As for using your fingers, that is the way that I learned how to shoot a bow. But that was way before compounds and releases were available. But even with my first compound I used my fingers and it was a couple of years before I even purchased a sight system for it. I killed a lot of animals that way before I went "modern"
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 8 Posts
    Buddy forgot his arrows yesterday, thank goodness it was just for a 3D shoot. Bet he doesn't do it during the season now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    In Idaho when you buy the sportsman package first of the year they give a voucher to redeem around august for your deer and elk tag. Was up hunting opening day elk season a few years back and climbed to the top of the mountain sat down for some lunch around two ish and the hair stood up on the back of my neck checked my elk tag and it was just the voucher I had not redeem it for the tag. Ran off the mountain passed my buddy on the way down he was headed up because of work and late start. Got to town before they closed redeemed my voucher for my tag and headed back missed the evening hunt for opening day. Still trying to live that one down.
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, TRY STANDING IN FRONT OF THEM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhike View Post
    It isn't easy to admit, but I traveled to Wyoming last fall only to discover I had neglected to pack any duct tape.

Would some of you like to post your lists? Maybe as a file? Can you do that on here?

ETA: Drove an hour to hunt coyotes only to discover I didn't have the trigger lock key for my gun. Never used that item again.

Walked to the top of a huge hill this spring only to discover I left my turkey call at camp. Lame.
    If you PM me an email I can send you a few of mine also.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 3 Posts
    -Rain gear in the middle of monsoon season in the southwest. Spent alot of time under big pondersosas.

- I have forgot this TWICE on backpack trips.....a spoon. That's a tough one to fabricate when your hungry and your mountain house is waiting after a long hike in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123