Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hmmmm looks like it costs roughly 25 percent more to repair an aluminum bodied truck vs steal.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...teel-iihs-says

Thanks
    Thanked 1,672 Times in 989 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 298 Times in 76 Posts
    I know the owner of a local body shop and he says as of now, he won't do much with the Alum body trucks. He told me it will take over $75K in new equip to do much. He said...leave it to Ford!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ore hunter View Post
    all of the big three are decent these days on there diesels,,id go dodge or chevy though over a ford,,have seen issues with the ford aluminum body door latches,,,seems like after making trucks for over 100 years,they cant design a door handle that will stay closed?I would think a recall will be out soon on the ford aluminum body trucks for this door issue.Ive gone dodge,have a 2004 hpcr 5.9 and love it,,,actually think a older truck without the def and other emission crap added in newer trucks is the way to go if you can find one,, dodge ,2004.5 thru the end of the 5.9 era {2007 I think} is what I think one of the best rigs to ever have.
    We have a couple Case tractors with the 12 Valve 5.9L Cummins and a 91 Dodge with it also. Those are great old motors. The newer 24 valve version has a lot more power and is darn good too, just a little more complicated than the old ones. If I could buy a one of those trucks new today for a ranch truck I'd do it. I'd put on a flatbed and bumper, use it for 80% of what I do and leave the 2012 Ford for longer trips and pulling the bigger trailers. I'd use the Dodge around the ranch and pulling my horses around with the 14ft trailer. I don't like how full and impossible to work on yourself it is under the hood of the new Ford, but I love how it runs. I try to keep miles down on it and make it last longer for me before it starts having issues.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Some of the older 5.9 Cummings only had one wire to make them run. Rat Rod folks use them because of the ease of instillation. My 3/4 dodge gives me the capassity of a one ton but without the extra bulk of a one ton.
    My friend bought a 2017 ford with the 302 gas and 435 hp over 400 lbs of torque. That will be my next truck and I will try not to have body repairs

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 4 Posts
    I just bought a 2011 6.2 gas F250 with 41K even though my '99 6.8 gas f250 with 253,000 miles still runs fine. IMO diesels are just way too expensive to buy and maintain unless you're someone like an outfitter who need the power to pull 8 place horse trailers for a living. I have a good friend who has a well drilling business and he just phased out his last diesel pickup and has gone to all gas pickups due to the crazy maintenance costs of diesels.

Tip of the day: Purchase your truck in Canada. You'll be amazed at the savings! I saved $7000 on a $27,000 pickup in April. My brother saved the same on his Canadian 2013 F150 he purchased last week. Watch the exchange rate it was as high as 43% last year but is down to 27% today
    Last edited by WY ME; 08-07-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234