Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spot or Inreach

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks for the link.
    I think there is a newer version that has more features I'm interested in.
    Inreach +

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 4 Posts
    Garmin bought them and put the Garmin name on them. The SE model is what I have and works great, not aware of any different features with the new units so cant help there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 11 Posts
    I bought one last year before Garmin bought them but absolutely love my inreach. Texting a long message is a pain in the ass but that isn't what it's for. Short messages are easy and it's great to be able to receive messages as well. At some point, I'm sure the new models will go on sale. Have never used a SPOT but the InReach just seems like a drastically better unit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NDHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    What Don said.....comm is a ton better with more options and coverage.....I use one hunting in Colorado and the same one overseas for work.
    I have an old Spot. Seems like I should go with InReach instead of renewing with Spot.

If I jump, would InReach Explorer be preferred over InReachSE and if so, for what reasons?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 152 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullofthewoodsjr View Post
    I have an old Spot. Seems like I should go with InReach instead of renewing with Spot.

If I jump, would InReach Explorer be preferred over InReachSE and if so, for what reasons?
    http://andrewskurka.com/2015/delorme...commendations/

Buddy of mine sent me this a while ago. I believe it answers all your questions in detail.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So let me make sure I'm reading this straight. Between 2016 and 2017 there have been 4 models made. The 2 underneath the Delorme Label are inReach SE and inReach Explorer and the ones with + are the newer 2017 models with Garmin on it.

If I buy the Delorme inReach SE today then I need to go to Garmin website and choose my subscription? And by doing so I don't need to worry about Garmin dropping me 3-5 years down the road after the Delormes are phased out?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 141 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    This place required a direct signature to delivery what I could not do...the delivery guy would show up when I was at work and on my days off I would already be in the mountains. It was quite a hassle so I requested FedEx to return to sender. Luckily Cabela's ha them on sale and it was received 2 days after ordering to my PO Box.

I haven't had the opportunity to set my InReach up yet, but could give a report once I do if requested.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BurrellTX View Post
    So let me make sure I'm reading this straight. Between 2016 and 2017 there have been 4 models made. The 2 underneath the Delorme Label are inReach SE and inReach Explorer and the ones with + are the newer 2017 models with Garmin on it.

If I buy the Delorme inReach SE today then I need to go to Garmin website and choose my subscription? And by doing so I don't need to worry about Garmin dropping me 3-5 years down the road after the Delormes are phased out?
    You have it correct. I would not worry about Garmin phasing out old models by disconnecting them. They use a subscription model, they could care less how you use their service as long as you are paying every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12