Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I saw a test where they did a slosh test and several of the roto-molded coolers had water come out of the seams - indicating a poor seal. Something to consider I guess.

Looking at getting a new Coleman Xtreme here - 70 quart. Already have 120, 60, and 28 quart versions. I really like the Igloo ice cube variety for fishing but don't think they have a 5-day version.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 20 Posts
    I bought an Rtic 65 when they went on sale a few months back. It'll keep ice for a LONG time.. It's great when it's in the boat, works as a really nice seat, and keeps your beverages chilly. It's the worst when you load it up with food, drink and ice for the weekend, and you are barely man enough to get it in the back of your truck. And I mean barely....
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 20 Posts
    Side note.... I thought roto-molded coolers were ridiculous, and would never pay for one... Probably still wouldnt pay full price for one. But, after looking at the 10-12 Colemans and what not in my basement, with all their lids torn off, all beat up, with their designated ratchet straps, so the lids dont blow off driving down the highway.... I bought the Rtic.
    They are strong, and probably nearly indestructible. But ugh, they are heavy.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    I bought an Rtic 65 when they went on sale a few months back. It'll keep ice for a LONG time.. It's great when it's in the boat, works as a really nice seat, and keeps your beverages chilly. It's the worst when you load it up with food, drink and ice for the weekend, and you are barely man enough to get it in the back of your truck. And I mean barely....
    Yeah, takes 2 men and a boy to load my 45quart cooler when full. I now try to load the cooler while it sits in the back of my truck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 249 Times in 43 Posts
    roto molded coolers do not make up for bad cooler handling skills. ie keeping the lid open to long, ect.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 101 Times in 18 Posts
    The Grizzly 165 loaded with ice and meat will be quite a load to get on the truck. I'm going to experiment with a little farm boy ingenuity. I have a flatbed on the truck I'll take to Wyoming with steel sideboards and a 2x10 board on the back for a "tailgate" to keep stuff from sliding off. Before the trip I'm going to see if I can use the board on the back as a ramp and attach a small come along to the headache rack on the flatbed. If that works one of us can steady the cooler as the other one winches it on when loaded. I want to try it at home to see if the board is stout enough or if I need a better ramp. I might not ever take the cooler off the truck, I might just leave it locked to the flatbed. I might want to set it in the shade though and figure it might be more than 2 of us want to lift to get it on the flatbed loaded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12