Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts

Click Here!

All great info from every one... Take accurate readings.. And good notes... For all my hunting rifles.. I load the over all length long.. As long as it will function out of the mag... With further load development.. There is only one way to go.. And that is shorter.. If it doesn't shoot well there..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    There are quite a few of us on Eastmans who do a lot of reloading and as such have lots of experience. Don't feel any question is stupid, we will help all we can. Reloading is a fun hobby and if you get serious and shoot enough, it can save you some money and increase your accuracy.
    Thanks I appreciate it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 193 Times in 32 Posts
    Seems a caliper would be the next item I would want. Seating the bullet to the rifles liking can make or break the accuracy. Something you may consider also is to buy cheap bullets to get started. Once you get the process down then start playing with the bullet you want to hunt with. When I started loading for my daughters.243 I bought a box of Speer boat tail spritzer and they dialed in very quickly, she's killed two bucks with them. I've yet to bother with anything else, as they say it's all about placement.
    When choosing a bullet try to research what length bullet your rifle should be shooting. I can't remember the formula off the top of my head but it's something to do with caliber, barrel twist and barrel length.
    Last edited by Timberstalker; 07-01-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 133 Times in 43 Posts
    Like to hear more about that formula Timber, if anyone knows...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12