Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 134 Times in 34 Posts
    I had the old version of the 20-60x85mm and I really liked it. It was my truck scope and took many pictures and found a lot of deer. Didn't use it on full power all too often. I just sold it for $825 so I could buy the Kowa 88. Waiting on eye piece to come in. Can't remember but did the vortex eye piece have fixed eye relief through the magnification range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 16 Posts
    I was in a similar situation with a Nikon ED50 for packing and Swaro ATS 80 for truck use. I ended up still buying a used Swaro STM65 when I didn't draw any tags one year. The 50mm spotter is enough for elk, but not always enough for muleys in my view. If I could only have one spotter it would be a 65mm.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 61 Times in 17 Posts
    I really like my 65 strait razer hd,,but now that I drew a Nevada sheep tag,i just got a nice deal on the 20-60x85 razer hd,,,for more precice spotting,,should be here fairly soon and ill see how much better it is than the 65 mm strait,,optics planet had a good price on the older version that's just like my 65mm..$1169 we will see.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the razor 11-33x50 which is a great pack scope. But if I am near the truck or not too far of a hike the razor 85 is the way to go. I also tend to get better pictures when using the 85 and phone skope even at the closer ranges.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 1 Post
    Just bought the new style razor hd 22-48x65. Got it for $800 on sale at reeds sporting goods. Super pumped to try this baby out. Thanks for all the input everyone!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good deal, sounds like a great price.

I ordered a new option to replace both my Swaro 65 and Nikon 50mm. Kowa is bringing out a 55mm spotter that weighs 28.2oz and is said to run darn close to the Swaro 65mm spotters. The early reviews I read have it really close to the best of the 65mm glass and better than the Razor 65mm. It is pricey too, but with the pre-order and a discount code through S&S Archery I decided to go for it. After selling my Swaro 65 and Nikon 50mm spotter I'll be money ahead. I hope it lives up to the hype, it will be in my pack this fall.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post

I ordered a new option to replace both my Swaro 65 and Nikon 50mm. Kowa is bringing out a 55mm spotter that weighs 28.2oz and is said to run darn close to the Swaro 65mm spotters. The early reviews I read have it really close to the best of the 65mm glass and better than the Razor 65mm. It is pricey too, but with the pre-order and a discount code through S&S Archery I decided to go for it. After selling my Swaro 65 and Nikon 50mm spotter I'll be money ahead. I hope it lives up to the hype, it will be in my pack this fall.
    A very tempting one, that Kowa. Their optics get little play in hunting circles, but optically, their spotting scopes often at least equal and can top the German glass.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim McCoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post

What are your plans for this fall MC?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 63 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by droptine View Post
    Just bought the new style razor hd 22-48x65. Got it for $800 on sale at reeds sporting goods. Super pumped to try this baby out. Thanks for all the input everyone!!
    Dam, Reed's hooked you up! Good deal, you'll have to let us know how you like it.
    That place has a crap load of stuff in it, seems I can look there for hours and not see everything!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post
    What are your plans for this fall MC?
    I have a Wyoming muley hunt lined up this fall. It's a easy draw unit as we burned our few points last year. I'm headed up on a scouting trip later in August and then will get there a couple days before the hunt. It's new country for us so we want to get a look around before season hits. I have a ranch rodeo I have to help put on and compete in on Oct 7th so we are going to hunt before it. Then it's whitetail around home, coyotes, and planning for Alaska next fall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast