Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Look into the kowa prominar. They have a few different models with amazing eye pieces. I have the tsn 774 with 25x-60x wide angle eyepiece. Its amazing. Ive had swaros, and leica. I still own a niko ed, but this scope rocks. I've put it up against the razor hd. Week of glassing and scouting. No comparison. Kowa optics are amazing. Edge to edge brightness and clarity is awesome. No tunnel vision on max zoom. No distortion. Enough said. Sorry for rant.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eastfork For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    I just bought the razor hd 22-48x65 and couldn't be happier with it. I had a leupold ventanna sx1, so anything is an upgrade from that!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 146 Times in 48 Posts
    Drop- Good choice. I too have this unit and it's a good one. Can't beat the quality for the price.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I recently bought the Vortex Viper HD 15-45 by 65. I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the clarity. It was also irritating to drop a decent amount of money only to find made in PRC on it when I received it. I had assumed that it was produced in the Philippines like my older viper scopes. I emailed Vortex to confirm that their Viper line of spotting scopes and binoculars are made in The peoples republic of China now. Their rep was courteous enough in his responses but basically made some lame excuse that most companies produce their products in China. I bought the scope through a third party site and am unable to return it or I would. Not worth the money. It infuriates me that many companies move production to China yet want to continue charging made in the US prices. ie Kuiu, Eberlestock, Sitka, etc......

I plan on switching back to Leupold in the future and just paying the extra cost for something made here.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 113 Times in 26 Posts
    Hate to break it to you but the Leopold spotting scope is not made here in the US either.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Do you know where its made?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 126 Times in 22 Posts
    Pulled the trigger on a Kowa Prominar TSN-883. Like new. 25X60 angled eye piece.

Don't have much time behind it yet but seems fantastic. A base camp and close to the truck scope.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 268 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by droptine View Post
    I'm looking at getting a new spotting scope. Particularly the razor hd 16-48x65 or the 20-60x85. I already have the razor 11-33x50 and really like it. Just want something that can reach out there a bit farther. So my question is, what's everyone's thoughts on them two scopes? Is there something else out there in that price range that is better?? Any input or personal experiences with these scopes would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
    If it were me and I already had an 11-33, I would go for the 20-60X85. I have almost always owned a higher power, large objective scope. The year I didn't I had sold my big Swaro spotter on eBay with the idea I would just hunt with my lighter 60mm objective Swarovski. That fall I was hunting muleys and was having trouble at first and last light (prime glassing time). I purchased a Razor HD 20-60X85 that next year and if I carry a spotter, which I almost always do, it is the one that goes with me.

Interestingly I just watched a video of the Kuiu guys hunting stone sheep on a grueling backpack hunt. Despite intense efforts at shaving weight, including wringing the water out of their Wet Ones to save weight, they carried an 85mm spotter. Their philosophy was those extra ounces would save hours of hiking.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 08-26-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123