Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 197 Times in 42 Posts

There are some desert bighorns that I see quite often when I go into town. I have never seen any of the bigger rams with the ewes and lambs at this time of the year. I do see them in the fall and winter feeding along side them.
    It's probably the same as looking for a big buck with the does and fawns or a big bull with the cows and calves.
    Most of the rams are in bachelor herds right now.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 61 Times in 17 Posts
    so you wouldn't be too concerned?probly be a lot different when fall comes on I would think?I was told it gets even better in October when the rams get into breed mode?I hope it does.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 261 Times in 49 Posts
    Check with the Wild Sheep Foundation Nevada chapter, or make a call to the headquarters in Bozeman they may be able to connect you or offer up some info. If you're not a member you may want to join $45 a year. Good luck on scouting and Good hunting on your hunt!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 197 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ore hunter View Post
    so you wouldn't be too concerned?probly be a lot different when fall comes on I would think?I was told it gets even better in October when the rams get into breed mode?I hope it does.
    The last 2 years the non-res success rate has been 100% and the overall resident and non-res success rate in 032 from 2006-2016 has been 97%.
    I think you are in for a great hunt.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ore hunter View Post
    Hang in there. You will find them.
    Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    im going to hit the Oregon sheep orientation seminar up my way this weekend,,hopefully will learn some more things particular to sheep hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    found there are 2 fires burning in my sheep unit,,one 2500 acres and 1 over 5000 acres,,sounds like they got them both close to contained,,1 is right where I scouted over the 4th of july..how far do ya think sage fire will push sheep??and do ya think they would be back within 30 days?hunt starts sept 1st.dont know sheep behavior habits around fire activity?any guesses?I would think that they wouldn't move too far away depending on the smoke and wind directions?but probly will stay out of the burn itself this soon after a fire.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 48 Times in 7 Posts
    Know a guy who's wife had a Oregon tag couple years ago that her unit burnt also. He said that some areas they went back into pretty quickly less than a week after fire went through. Some other areas seemed to stay away from though. So I wouldn't give up on anything specific yet. They did have a successful hunt. It did change there patterns he said.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    that's good to know,thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12