Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post
    I carry a s&w shield in 9mm in an appendix holster.

Im going to be going on a hunt in grizzly country in 2019, and wondering what to bring. I will be bowhunting and my dad will be along with me. I have a .44mag, but I cant hit much with it. I also have a glock 19 which I can shoot very well. Is a 9mm just a joke for a sidearm in grizzly country?

I know glock makes a 10mm that I holds similar to my glock 19, but that would be another investment...

Also, at what range do you ditch the bear spray and start shooting at the bear? I know they can cover 20 yards in about 3 seconds or less. Just wanting to know some facts so I can have a set plan in place if something ever happens.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 62 Times in 13 Posts
    I don't carry a handgun while rifle hunting.
    When hiking I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm ... which I won at an SCI Banquet with a $50 raffle ticket.

3. The Following User Says Congratulations to Winchester For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowrunner View Post
    I carry a s&w shield in 9mm in an appendix holster.

Im going to be going on a hunt in grizzly country in 2019, and wondering what to bring. I will be bowhunting and my dad will be along with me. I have a .44mag, but I cant hit much with it. I also have a glock 19 which I can shoot very well. Is a 9mm just a joke for a sidearm in grizzly country?

I know glock makes a 10mm that I holds similar to my glock 19, but that would be another investment...

Also, at what range do you ditch the bear spray and start shooting at the bear? I know they can cover 20 yards in about 3 seconds or less. Just wanting to know some facts so I can have a set plan in place if something ever happens.
    My two cents, carry the spray. The 9mm sure can kill a grizz, but so can a 22LR. Would not want to bet my life on either.

Doubt you have time to switch from spray to gun. If you must carry the 9mm, I think Double Tap or Buffalo Bore make heavy hard cast lead ammo for the 9mm. But at least one of you ought to have spray, if not both. If one of you has a 12ga, big heavy slugs are an option, 18" barrel can be had for cheap for some guns.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 286 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowrunner View Post
    I shot a can of bear spray off to know. the range was 15 feet after that the wind just blew the spray away.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,649 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 713 Times in 120 Posts

S&W MP Shield 9mm is my everyday carry.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234