Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will have 18 points going into the 2018 draw. Looking for a good area in western WY

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,177 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 322 Times in 91 Posts
    This one thing that really bugs me. Someone who has not spent a lot of time on this forum (15 posts) asks for information and he gets some, draws a tag and then VANISHES! I just don't get it.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 612 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 272 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    This one thing that really bugs me. Someone who has not spent a lot of time on this forum (15 posts) asks for information and he gets some, draws a tag and then VANISHES! I just don't get it.
    Exactly, in fact the person with the post just above yours has two posts in total, both asking for information. I equate that to driving into someones deer camp, and asking where to go deer hunting. I don't get it.

Nearly all of the best content I have gotten from hunting forums has been through developing relationships then discussing with those guys off the forum, through private messages, exchanging phone numbers, etc. I have developed some great contacts that way. Most of those relationships recognize it's mutually beneficial and we can help each other with our hunting plans and goals.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,177 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 322 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Exactly, in fact the person with the post just above yours has two posts in total, both asking for information. I equate that to driving into someones deer camp, and asking where to go deer hunting. I don't get it.

Nearly all of the best content I have gotten from hunting forums has been through developing relationships then discussing with those guys off the forum, through private messages, exchanging phone numbers, etc. I have developed some great contacts that way. Most of those relationships recognize it's mutually beneficial and we can help each other with our hunting plans and goals.
    Same for me. I got some info on a great antelope unit here in Colorado from someone I got aquainted with here on this forum. I did get one of the best bucks I have ever killed. I have given a lot of information about local units here in SW Co and have got good feedback. I also hunted this year with one of the guys from this forum. Yep feedback is important!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 12 Posts
    It happens every year once the drawing season approaches. I have this many points what area do I apply? A lot of folks just want info and there gone. Some don't even read the regs. I suspect they tell there hunting buddies all about the area and all the research they did. IMO if there wasn't hunting forums a lot more tags would available in some areas. Example I use to draw a primo antelope area almost every other year. Last time I drew was in 2005. I see it posted almost on all the hunting forums I visit.

I've gotten some great info from folks, but mostly I found my hunting spots by boots on the ground. A premuim once in a lifetime tag I have no problem providing info. Also if your a regular poster I'll pm you, but I won't post directly on the forum. There are way to many folks just surfing for hunting areas anymore. I've asked some folks when hunting how they found about the area and they'll state hunting forums. Just my two cents!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    They're commonly referred to as USERS Cowboy....They get what they need, and that's all that matters to them I guess.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts
    And yet sometimes regulars turn on each other , while some fall at themselves to answer the one hitter quitters.
    I guess common sense isn't so common,and my belief that all here have IQs above room temperature is wrong.

Like above, the only helpful info I have given is through PM's and email.

Last thing this forum should be is a stop over for cyber scouts.
    And last thing we should do is become divided over one hitter quitters.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 692 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 521 Times in 72 Posts
    I think a lot of started out on here with questions that maybe weren't thought out as well as they should have been. I think there needs to be a balance as each new person that comes may be a great long term member if we give them a chance. That doesn't mean we spill the beans to everyone but I think we should keep with the spirit of helping each other. That's what this forum was built on imo.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts

The difference is they are still here. The one hitter quitters usually are on one post and gone.

General answers to general questions are fine. But when your general unit elk trailhead is mentioned or a road to a
    drainage in your 2nd,3rd choice lope spots , that's very different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12