Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 205 Times in 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
    I have a model 70 300WSM and I like it. I'm shooting 165 gr Sierra Game Kings out of it. I have no idea what kind of velocity I'm getting out of it, and I can't shoot a decent group with any rifle to save my a$$; the deer and elk I've killed with it didn't have an opinion on velocity or group size though.
    I agree 100%. Aslong as you can put the bullet in the vitals of your target at whatever range you feel comfortable, who cares about group size?
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sako 75 Finnlight 300 wsm topped with 3.5x10 Swaro. This rig has been my go-to since 2006. It shoots pert near everything I feed it, but I've been using barnes most for hunting, starting to experiment with sierras and noslers. I'd like to know how the eld x do on game at close to moderate ranges ....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HiMtnHnter View Post
    Sako 75 Finnlight 300 wsm topped with 3.5x10 Swaro. This rig has been my go-to since 2006. It shoots pert near everything I feed it, but I've been using barnes most for hunting, starting to experiment with sierras and noslers. I'd like to know how the eld x do on game at close to moderate ranges ....
    Sounds like what I want...

What grainers are you shooting? 150? 165? 180? other?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HiMtnHnter View Post
    Mcseal2 was saying there were some too soft complaints about the ELD-X on the LRH forum. I've seen others that love it. I suspect like most tipped non-bonded bullets, up close it would tend to make a mess. I'm going to try the 150 grain version in my 280. Am hoping the more modest velocity will make it a good match. If all goes according to plan, the gun will love them, and I will have a field report on how they worked on deer and cow elk at the end of the season.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    Sounds like what I want...

What grainers are you shooting? 150? 165? 180? other?
    In the TSX I shoot the 180s. I've used these to take antelope, deer, and elk with very good results. I've used RL 19 and 17 and Ramshot powder, all with good results.

I've loaded up some 165 gn sierra gamekings using RL 17. They shoot fantastic little groups.

I got ahold of some 210 gn Nosler LR bullets. While the Sako's 11" twist may not be ideal for these, initial experiments show stability and accuracy.

I'd like to try the eld's, but some of my shots are close. This year's bull fell at just 75 yards. I'd also like to give 190 gn berger vld a shot. I saw these work on an elk this year and the bullet did just as it was supposed to.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 9 Posts
    I'm a member of the 300wsm club. 150 ballistic tips for deer/antelope, and various different 180 grains for elk. I'm going to experiment with some 190 and 200 grain loads for a future moose hunt pretty soon. If anyone has experience/likes/dislikes with those heavier loads in the 300wsm, let's hear em.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 32 Posts

Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalked BOSS 300 WSM.

Shoots Winchester silver-tips in 150 and 180 Gr Equally well.

One of the most accurate rifles I own.

Bring your earplugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12