Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts

Who else likes the 300wsm

Love my browning A Bolt ll in 300wsm. Put a Bell and Carlson sporter stock from redhawk rifles on it. Put a timmney after market trigger spring and topped it with a 3.5 -14×40 nikon Prostaff 5 with xr turret.
    A month ago I finally got some hornady ELD-X in 178 gr. Over 64.5 gr. of RL17 getting an average muzzle velocity of 2975 fps. Not blazing fast, but fast enough for me.
    15 shots make a 1 inch hole @ 100 yds. Still waiting on my turret so I can try it at longer ranges.
    Last edited by droptine; 12-23-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 312 Times in 85 Posts
    I love .300 mags! But mine is a Weatherby. It is a custom commercial mauser action. Shilen SS match grade barrel, B & C stock and a 4 x 14 Leupold VXIII with ballistic turret. Shoots sub moa out to 5oo yds (that is as far as I shot it). I reload everything. 180 gr Nosler Partition, RL25 powder, muzzle vel is right at 3300 fps.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Michigan's Upper Penninsula. South central in Delta Count bordering Menominee County.
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 4 Posts
    I picked up a used HS Precision SPL in 300 WSM not too long ago. First couple of handloads grouped real well with some 150 Nosler BT I use in my .308 Winny. Since then I acquired a box of Barnes 168 TTSX of which I hope to develop a good load.. I'll be interested to see what velocity I can get in a "safe" load as the barrel is 22". Rifle is light and a dream to hold. Recoil is less than I expected from such a light rifle which I'm guessing is due to the stock being pretty straight.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 3 Posts
    I have a model 70 300WSM and I like it. I'm shooting 165 gr Sierra Game Kings out of it. I have no idea what kind of velocity I'm getting out of it, and I can't shoot a decent group with any rifle to save my a$$; the deer and elk I've killed with it didn't have an opinion on velocity or group size though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 5 Posts
    Gonna pick 1 up sooner than later....

Have a 300win.mag, but it's a bear, and kicks harder than my .340wby!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
    I have a model 70 300WSM and I like it. I'm shooting 165 gr Sierra Game Kings out of it. I have no idea what kind of velocity I'm getting out of it, and I can't shoot a decent group with any rifle to save my a$$; the deer and elk I've killed with it didn't have an opinion on velocity or group size though.
    Truer words have never been spoken!! I think I get too hung up on velocity and group size, but that's what I do for a pass time so I'm always looking at stuff like that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 268 Times in 35 Posts
    I LOVE my 300 WSM. It is virtually the only rifle we hunt with in our family. It's a 10 year old custom Christensen Arms, and last year was topped with a Nightforce NXS. It has a muzzle brake and is quite loud, but kicks like a .243. The noise is easily solved with foam ear plugs.

The last time I shot a group with it (which isn't too frequent) it was 0.6 MOA @ 400 yards.

The last four shots my children have fired while hunting have resulted in a blacktail (daughter @ 435 yards across canyon under an old fruit tree), blacktail (son @ 435 yards, across canyon under an old fruit tree), cow elk (daughter about 190 yards), blacktail (daughter two days ago @ 305 yards). All I can say is having a rifle I know will do it's part if I do mine gives me a lot of peace of mind.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 15 Posts
    Sako A7 tecomate for my 300wsm with leupold vx-3. 165 gr bonded bullets. Model 70 classic 300wsm for my spouse, 180 gr accubonds.They take everything from coyotes to bison.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't ever had a 300wsm, but I do have a 270 wsm and I am a huge fan!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 13 Posts

My son has a 300 WSM and it is a really fantastic caliber and both he and I like it!
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast