Thread: Federal Brass?

Michigan's Upper Penninsula. South central in Delta Count bordering Menominee County.
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 4 Posts

Federal Brass?

Question for you reloaders. I normally use RP headstamp brass when loading for my 7mm Remmy. I just can't seem to find any of the RP new brass. I have located some new Federal Brass which is available. Any experience with Federal? Is it a good quality or should I just keep on searching for the RP?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 312 Times in 85 Posts
    In my experience, unless your a competitive bench rest or other type of shooter, brass is brass. I really can't tell the difference. I do like to keep the same brand brass together, but a lot of times that doesn't happen. I don't like the silver finish brass as I have had some splitting problems with it in the past. The only exception for me is my Weatherby rifles (.300 & .257) where I only use WBY brass as I have a lot of it.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Although not my first choice, i think it is just fine for the normal user. I doubt you will really see much difference.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    I was in the same dilemma when starting my new custom 300 Win Mag project gun last spring. I wanted a bunch of new brass for this gun only, as I have two 300 win mags. I found a guy selling once fired Fed match brass that he had fired in sniper training. This brass has been great. I bought 250 pieces and weighed all of them after cleaning and depriming. Over 150 of those brass weighed exactly 249.5 grains + or - .1 grain. The others were within 1 grain. They shoot very consistent in this gun. I wouldn't hesitate.

Michigan's Upper Penninsula. South central in Delta Count bordering Menominee County.
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll get the Federal. Steve