Thread: WY Draw Odds

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

WY Draw Odds

Alright, somebody explain to me the Wyoming draw odds spreadsheet's. When I look at the draw odds and regarding the number of preference points that people have, why is there a "<2", and then "1". For example, I picked a random unit, non-resident 39 elk type 1, regular priced license and the data says: Everyone with 3 and 4 points drew. I get that. Then it shows a column for preference points that says "<3". Apparently, 2 people had less than 3 points and 2 tags were issued, which left 1 tag to be drawn. The next column says their were 4 people with 2 points and 1 drew, giving 25% draw odds with 2 points.

To me, <3 and 2 are the same thing, so what gives? Maybe I am just a complete shmuck that doesn't know how to read those tables. Somebody please explain this to me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Wyoming averages their points. If a party of three applies as a group, their ppt's are averaged. If one has 0, another has 2 and the third has 3, their party has 5 ppt's or an average of 1.67 apiece. (<2). They also sometimes issue more tags than they have allocated. If they had 2 tags left and the party of 3 drew next, they would issue tags to everyone in the group.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Wyoming averages their points. If a party of three applies as a group, their ppt's are averaged. If one has 0, another has 2 and the third has 3, their party has 5 ppt's or an average of 1.67 apiece. (<2). They also sometimes issue more tags than they have allocated. If they had 2 tags left and the party of 3 drew next, they would issue tags to everyone in the group.
    Thank you for that info. I knew that Wyoming averaged preference points, I just thought that they rounded them either up or down. I was scratching my head a lot trying to figure that out. Now those tables make sense.