View Full Version : Application Time

04-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Well, it's that time of year to apply for non-resident Montana Sheep, Goat, and Moose tags. In past years, the MRS had info on public accessibility of hunting units. Now, I'm not sure where to get that info. With the revolving unit setup, non-residents must apply for different units year-by-year. I'd sure hate to draw a tag for a unit with little public land. Any help?

04-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe the Eastman crew can lend a hand?

MT Muley
04-24-2011, 09:59 PM
My suggestion would be to get a Montana Gazette Map, and look at each unit in the regs, and then match it up with the area on the gazette map. The gazette map will show you national forest land, BLM, and state land. Just my first 2. Good Luck!


04-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Do you have a specific unit you are looking at? Or are you basing it off East/West in the state? Some of the best Western units are closed for sheep due to high pneumonia outbreaks, which is unfortunate. The unit I hunt was lucky and it stayed open for the season.