View Full Version : ladies bow

08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
hey guys, i'm looking at getting a ladies bow for my girlfriend and i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or knowledge. i've seen a bear archery youth bow and it fits my price range. would this be a good choice or should i look for something more? i know that it's more about the person's preferances than the bow brand, i.e. what works for you, but i was wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about the bear brand. thanks in advance.

08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I have heard bear bows are good! I started out with a Mathews ignition which is a youth bow and it was perfect for just getting into bowhunting!!

08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Diamond also makes a decent youth/ladies bow.

08-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Check out the womens bow from Elite. Mission bows are great for the price as well.

OR Archer
08-22-2011, 09:47 PM
For the price, performance, tuneability, and warranty Mission bows are hard to beat. The Craze or the Menace would both be great starter bows. The Craze is adjustable from 19-30" in draw length and 15-70# in draw weight. The Menace is adjustable from 17-30" in draw length and from 15-50# in draw weight depending on the draw length setting.

08-23-2011, 07:19 AM
I would highly recommend the Diamond Razor's Edge. I got my wife this bow this past spring and she loves it. It is very adjustable, with draw weight increments from 30-60 pounds and a wide range of draw lengths. It is very quiet and shoots well. I was very surprised. Do a search on this bow and you will find many good reviews. Plus, it is economically priced.

08-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Ditto to what Reflex said.

Got my girlfriend a Razors Edge a couple years ago. GREAT kids/womens bow. Wide range of adjustments, and I was absolutely FLOORED by how fast it was!

My 80 year old grandpa was so impressed with it, he finally ditched the Hoyt Raider and got one too.

Its a great bow for someone that you dont know is really gonna "get into it". I figure, if she really wants to get into it seriously, we'll upgrade to something more (but honestly dont know what id "upgrade" her to seeings how this bow is so nice).

08-23-2011, 09:05 PM
I bought a Bear Apprentice package for my 7 yr old son, and that thing can shoot. It's reasonably priced, and has lots of adjustment for weight and draw length. He'll be able to shoot it for many years.

08-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Everyone has mentioned some great bows. And, like you said, a lot comes down to personal preference. If you have the chance, take her into your local pro shop and see what is on the used or clearence rack. I went into my local shop (Archery in the Wild) wanting to get a new custom string for my wifes bow (about $115.00). Instead, I saw a Hoyt Rincon XL sitting on the rack. I talked my wife into taking a few shots, which was all it took. The owner of the shop, Boyd, threw in a rest and knocked down the price of a new sight and a half dozen carbon arrows. We walked out of there for $350.00 ready to hunt. I looked this bow over and couldn't find a scratch on it, still looked new. I was also in the shop the other day and saw a $500.00 bow on the clearence rack for $300.00. This was a new bow, left over from 2010. Keep your eyes open and you never know what kind of deal you might find!

08-25-2011, 04:19 PM
rpeebles has a great point. A lot of times you can find a great deal on the archery talk and archery addix forum classifieds.

08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I got my girlfriend a PSE Chaos and it's a sweet little bow. Lots of adjustment, and it really zips em.

09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
I bought my wife a Bowtech Soldier and she loves it.